Powerline adapter causes wireless interference to clients not connected to it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-27 20:05:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a home on a hill and there is a shed with power down the hill. I purchased a TL-WPA8630P kit so I could use the power line between the home and the shed to get internet access for a security camera. There is a good amount of distance between the house and shed. Setup of the kit worked fine. Initially I set up to use the same SSID as my regular network. The power goes through a sub-panel, so the Powerline Speed isn't great, but it seems reliable which is my primary need. Device shows a 53 Mbps Powerline connection which is about the same as my internet connection so I was happy. Everything worked fine, except when I sit on my back porch my devices would connect to the TP Powerline access point instead of the regular one and the performance was very degraded. I have tried:-lowering channel power to low so devices at the house wouldn't see the AP-changed SSID to a different one and not configuring devices to know that SSID-manually setting channel numbers on both access points to separate channels (1 and 6)-turned off the 5GHz since the camera in the shed only uses 2.4-hid the Powerline SSIDNow, when I sit in my back porch, I stay connected to my normal access point (since the device doesn't know about the new SSID) but the performance is terrible. If I turn off the Powerline device, performance is just fine. Clearly there is some kind of interference going on.Any suggestions or do I need to return the device? It's working great for the camera in the shed, so I'd like to keep it, but I can't trade off performance on the back porch in order to do so.ThanksNate
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter causes wireless interference to clients not connected to it
2017-05-29 19:36:16
Check out wifi analyzer for android and take a look at your channels a such. See if there is an overlap with something nearby.
Options
Re:Powerline adapter causes wireless interference to clients not connected to it
2020-04-24 16:36:21 - last edited 2020-04-24 16:36:45

I have the same problem right now except that I can connect to my original router only there is no Internet signal. Did you ever resolve this? AV 2000.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2801

Replies: 2

Related Articles