Archer C1200 - Internet connection goes out once Macbook Pro is connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-01 01:24:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

This issue is driving me nuts.
I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this bizarre behavior.
Every time I attempt to connect my wife's MBP, the internet kicks out. Consistently.
This does not happen with any other device and has been happening since day one setup.
The light for internet indication turns to orange and does not turn green until the MBP is disconnnected from the router.
I have tried a router reset, twice, fiddled with connection settings on the Mac (very limited). Tried manual connection settings without DHCP, changing/disabling IPv6, deleted the network settings file on the Mac.
Nothing. Still does it and I have no idea why.
I have been in the computer business for a long time and have not seen anything like this. As far as I know there should be no difference in the way a Mac connects to an AP than a PC does. But apparently there is something I'm missing.
Is this a known problem with these routers? Firmware bug? Specific setting I'm overlooking?
Please help so my wife can use her computer again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 0