HS200 Remote Control option randomly says Disabled - Alexa not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-27 09:12:03
Model : HS200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.1.0

ISP : Frontier

I just installed an HS200 switch for my kitchen, and successfully paired it with the Kasa app and Alexa. I'd say about 20% of the time, when I ask Alexa to shut the light off, it'll say "TP Link isn't responding." When this happens and I look on the Kasa app, under Device Settings the Remote Control field says Disabled - then when I restart the app, there appears the toggle for on/off. Does anyone know why it will randomly say Disabled for the remote control function?
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 Remote Control option randomly says Disabled - Alexa not working
2017-06-29 15:16:13
When it shows disable, will you able to enable it? If no, is there any error message?
Options
2017-06-30 20:57:49

Kevin SG wrote

When it shows disable, will you able to enable it? If no, is there any error message?

When I press on "Disabled" it gives me a msg saying that "remote control is disabled because the device belongs to a different account." If I exit out of the app, and go back in it will show the toggle again. I do not have any other TP Link accounts and do not know why this message appears.

Alexa now seems to not be able to control it around 50% of the time, and I've noticed that even when the toggle is available, Alexa may not be able to access it.
Options
2017-07-06 10:41:19

johnnyma45 wrote

When I press on "Disabled" it gives me a msg saying that "remote control is disabled because the device belongs to a different account." If I exit out of the app, and go back in it will show the toggle again. I do not have any other TP Link accounts and do not know why this message appears.

Alexa now seems to not be able to control it around 50% of the time, and I've noticed that even when the toggle is available, Alexa may not be able to access it.

For the issue, it's suggested to send an Email to TP-Link support at support.usa@tp-link.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 3