Help with TP-WA801ND hotspot internet connection to router LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-08 07:21:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I need instruction to configure my TL-WA801ND to my Linksys Router WRT3200ACM. I need to config the WA801ND Access Point to properly feed my router's WAN Port since I no longer have Internet access through normal channels, cable, dsl, satellite, etc.
My networking experience is basic but I am learning slowly. Would someone be so kind as to help me as I search for the answer. I know it can be done but I keep getting it wrong. PLEASE HELP..... I need to keep my LAN connections to my other devices both
wired and wireless as is without using the Linksys Router WiFi radio for normal hotspot connection with a small thumb type adapter for wireless.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Help with TP-WA801ND hotspot internet connection to router LAN
2017-07-12 17:22:41
confused with the description. do you mean connect TL-WA801ND to the WAN port of linksys router? You don't have modem now? Internet is coming from public Wi-Fi?
Options
2017-07-13 22:57:46
I want to connect my TL-WA801ND to the WAN port of linksys router because I have no modem for usual internet connection (cable, dsl,satellite, etc.). My internet will come from my hotspot on my Verizon cell phone. How would I setup to do this. I want to be able to use
other devices currently connected to my WRT3200ACM router network at home and allow another LAN supported computer access to internet through my home network.
Options
2017-07-14 14:06:11
i think client mode is better for you. Setup TL-WA801ND as client so it will hotspot on your phone and transfer it to wired through wan port of linksys router.
Options
2017-07-17 06:21:31

Anton L.Z. wrote

i think client mode is better for you. Setup TL-WA801ND as client so it will hotspot on your phone and transfer it to wired through wan port of linksys router.

Thanks. I will try that as soon as I can. I appreciate your help. Too busy with work right now to hobby. I'll let you know what happens.
Options
2017-07-19 10:50:29
Thanks Anton! It Worked! Reconfigured with Client from AP.
Options
2017-07-19 16:09:17
good news
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1597

Replies: 6