Unable to connect to the Internet

Released On: 2018-11-27 07:51:57Last update time: 2023-02-14 07:32:39

When you first set up Deco, after going through the whole setup process on the Deco APP, sometimes it might end with an Error: Unable to connect to the Internet.

Normally, when you got this error, the LED on the main Deco will also turn red.

Here, we will help you to fix this issue.

1. Please Tap “Skip This Step” on the bottom of the error page.

2. Then make sure the smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi you just created and go back to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to check whether there is a valid IP address here.

• If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, it is very likely that you might choose the wrong internet connection type. Please check with the internet service provider whether Dynamic IP or PPPOE is the correct one for you.
  • If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco: How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

3. After changing the DNS, if the LED is still red and also no internet service is available, please connect a computer to the modem directly, and check whether the computer has internet access.

After the above troubleshooting, if you still have any issues, please start a new thread and provide us with more details.

Comment

Enable wifi connection 

1 2345678

Hi, All,

there is more information related to the firmware upgrade of Deco:

Frequently Asked Questions on Deco Firmware Update

And How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Another one for Deco M9 plus: How to update Deco M9 plus from firmware 1.2.12 Build

Thank you very much.

What do I do if I can not get my deco red light to turn off it stays solid.

when setting it up it is a Deco W2400  I have 2 of them

If you move to a new house with a new modem and hence WiFi name and WiFi password. How do you change the WiFi name and password on the deco's

1. Reset the Deco by press the bottom reset button for 1 second.

2. Reboot your phone, turn off the Wi-Fi/WLAN on the phone and turn it back on; try a different phone.

MILON

MILON

Yemen

Konok

TP-Link Tether
upload
    upload