Not Recording on Motion Detection

Released On: 2019-05-17 21:04:40Last update time: 2022-05-11 23:13:29

By default, the Kasa camera will be recording any motion and sending notification. If you are in a situation where the camera is not recording or you are not receiving notifications, view the suggestions below that aim to resolve that.

Camera is not recording motion

Open the Kasa app, tap on the camera name, and go to device settings (top right icon).

Go to "Privacy and Sensitivity", under privacy you should have "Record Video and Audio" selected. Make sure your sensitivity is set to any region to the right half of the bar. The further right you set it, the camera will become increasingly sensitive to record any motion.

Scroll down and look for the slide bar labeled "Record motion that lasts at least" set that all the way to the left. This will ensure that any motion at all will be recorded. If you set that to 3 seconds, then the object will need to be moving around longer than 3 seconds before motion is then recorded.

Select the top left arrow to go back, and now tap on "Activity Zones". You do not need to create zones, not having one means the entire screen will record motion, which is fine. If you created an activity zone, then motion will only be detected in that created zone.

Camera is recording clips, but is not notifying you

If motion is being recorded, go to the activity icon (bell shaped), and you will see the clips listed there.

To verify if the notification settings are correct go back into the camera settings and select “Notifications”.

If it is disabled, the ticker will be moved to the left which means the app will not notify you of motion is detected. To enable it, tap on the ticker and it will become enabled with additional options below. These options will give you the ability change the time you receive notification and the frequency of notifications.

Comment

I had the same problem of my KC300 notifying me of motion, but not recording to the cloud, or manually either.

I fixed the issue by doing a factory reset of the camera.

Hope this helps.

This has been a continuous issue for a long time. I've done the above multiple times with the same result. No notifications, no records, I am unable to manual record. I can not see the video remotely. This started a long time ago, I put it away hoping it would be resolved, it's not. The camera worked great for a few months, I thought I had to purchase kasa kare, that didn't help. I can view the feed live, and I can communicate with voice over the camera when live, I can also buzz the camera remotely, but for some reason, recording videos does not work. 

One of 2 things are true:

1.) software changed and the wc200 is no longer supported or software is broken for my device

or
2.) I have a bad camera and need to get a replacement.

I have a Kasa EC70 and the motion detection does not record on the SD. I can only record on the SD if I leave it recording 24/7, and this does not allow me to optimize the use of the SD. Is there a possibility to record on SD only with motion detection?

I have 3 EC70 and 3 KC105 cameras that all worked flawlessly until recently. Suddenly, they all stopped recording to SD cards. I realized that they had stopped recording when I tried to play back what should have been recorded. Then I noticed that local recording was switched off, so I tried to turn it back on again, and received a message saying "No SD card detected..."

I pulled the SD cards and reinserted them several times as instructed by th very lame diagnostics support KB. Nothing changed. The cameras would no longer see the SD cards.

I plugged the SD cards into a PC and can read the recordings, but they of course all had stopped several weeks earlier. All of the SD cards were full.

I tried reformatting the cards but was unable to do so, even after installin g specific SD card formatting software from the SD SIG. The existing recordings cannot be erased from any of the SD cards.

I inserted a new SD card into one camera and it started recording normally, and I was initially able to record and play back normally. Now the app shows no recordings, even though it is set for 24/7 recording.

Since this has happened across several cameras, using different SD cards (Samsung & SanDisk) I suspect that a firmware change was pushed to the cameras, disabling the local recording function. I'm, starting to suspect that this may be intentional, as an attempt to force users to switch to paid Cloud recording. 

Has anyone here experienced this issue? Any resolution? What does TP-Link have to say? Either this gets fixed or I will report it to Amazon and return all of the cameras.

Thanks all!

My Kasa App won't open on my phone.  What does that mean?

Camera is not recording motion Open the Kasa app, tap on the camera name, and go to device settings (top right icon). Go to “Privacy and Sensitivity”, under privacy you should have “Record Video and Audio” selected. Make sure your sensitivity is set to any region to the right half of the bar.

Go to “Privacy and Sensitivity”, under privacy you should have “Record Video and Audio” selected. Make sure your sensitivity is set to any region to the right half of the bar.

No notifications. Its 2023 now and im seeing reports of this going back yearsthe admin closed the main thread stating it was resolved as an aws issue.

Whats aws whats the issue how was that admins response helpful in any way?

No notifications, app wont save the setting.

Tried subscription, camera reset, repairing, it wont allow me to save the settings it allways shows the error "operations failed".  Now i know the app is badly made and buggy as the "am" option for the scheduling is completely disabled so you can only schedule half a day.   Are the devs going to fix the app after all these years or should i get a refund and return all my kasa equipment. (I cant buy into something this flawed).

Ensure that your camera or recording device is properly set up for motion detection. Review the camera's manual or settings menu to verify that motion detection is enabled and configured correctly. Adjust sensitivity settings if necessary.

Regard

icrackeado

Help

upload
    upload