How to change email address on kasa account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Re:How to change email address on kasa account
2021-11-01 18:15:50

@crispen 

I went through this today. When I created a new account, I had to reset all my plugs and connect them via the steps required in the Kasa app. Because I had also connected these devices to Amazon's Alexa, I had to disable the integration, then re-enable it using the new account credentials. After that, I had to reconfigure the outlet settings within the Alexa app as well as reconfigure the settings on each plug (I have 8, with four more on the way to me). Including the Chat to determine how I could change my email address, I lost two hours of my day dealing with a simple concept of changin an email address.

It is ridiculous that TP-Link cannot provide a more efficient method of changing account usernames. I'm even angrier now that I see a fix for this issue has been requested for three years.

Options
2021-11-02 23:16:40

@MiKasa 

I completely, totally, emphatically agree with you wholeheartedly MiKasa🙏!

This is a disgusting state of affairs and THREE YEARS is pathetic.. They should hang their heads in shame😡.

Options
2021-11-15 03:22:20

@crispen how can I change my gmail address from my kasa account

Options
2021-11-15 03:40:01

@Sanjee 

I had to create a new account using the new email address. Then, I had to reset all my kasa devices and also had to reconfigure them in the Alexa app.

tech support told me this is the only way to change email addresses.

Options
2022-01-01 12:59:00

@crispen I guess I'll be keeping my old email address around just for my Kasa devices. That's a shame. I wanted to be able to forget about the old email address entirely.

Options