HS110 - Network Settings / Device Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-25 00:03:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is there a way to configure the network settings? Specifically, Im unable to find where to set the IP configuration as I would prefer to have a static IP given my use of multiple devices dedicated to specific equipment.

Also, is there a way to specify the device name - on the network, not just the display name in the app itself. I have several of these on my network and they are all named HS110 with different IP addresses. Using DHCP as configured makes it nearly impossibly to determine which smart plug is connected to my equipment.

I use these along with some linux scripts to build reports. Im having to specify the current IP for each device which can change based upon DHCP.

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 - Network Settings / Device Name
2018-01-26 08:28:19
Here's what you could do if you can tweak your DHCP server by creating a named reservation.
Look up the MAC address on each plug, and then assign a reservation on your DHCP scope for each. This may or may not work depending on what you have managing your DHCP scopes, so YMMV.

Cheers,
Neurobit
Options
Re:HS110 - Network Settings / Device Name
2018-01-28 07:33:01
I appreciate the suggestion, Neurobit.

In my case, I have a range excluded from DHCP that I use for certain devices that I prefer have static IPs. AP's in the x.x.x.10 range, Printers in the x.x.x.20 range, etc. The reservation allowed me to assign IPs in my normal static range which, so far, is working well.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1303

Replies: 2