HS210 Difficulty

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210 Difficulty

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS210 Difficulty
HS210 Difficulty
2018-07-15 22:54:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I have recently installed 5 HS200 switches that all work great, but am having some difficulty now getting two brand new pairs of HS210s to work. I followed all of the instructions for set-up, but when I flip the power back on, the indicator light on both switches in the pair only blink amber and neither device emits a wifi signal for my phone to connect for configuration.I tried rewiring for every possible combination of switching the load and traveler lines to ensure there was not a mistake there, but no change. The neutral and ground wires are both securely connected.The problem only exists when both HS210s are connected on the same line to the same light. When only one of the HS210s is connected with a regular 3-way switch on the other end, the smart switch then blinks the normal amber and green, and allows me to go through the set-up (though unlike many other posters I’ve seen, this configuration has nit allowed for normal function of the light).Thinking the first pair might just be faulty, I remived both HS210 switches and then tried installing the second brand new HS210 kit I had bought for a different light. Same thing happened—just the blinking amber lights.As mentioned, I’ve successfully installed other TP-Link smart switches, as well as regular 3-way switches in the past. I’m at a loss. Has anybody seen this and/or have any idea what is going on?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 0