How to set activity zones to reduce notifications and clips

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to set activity zones to reduce notifications and clips

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:How to set activity zones to reduce notifications and clips
2021-09-17 14:23:47

@Lauranator 

The activity zones do work once created but it's rather the opposite from what I understand. Once you set your 4 points which it seems you already have, you then go into your settings and then pick activity zones from the list. It'll show your 4 viewpoints and from there you click and area and then either hit the check mark cause you're finished or hit the plus button to add more than one then press the check mark when finished. There's also an option to delete. You do this separately for all four viewpoints..

But, from my understanding the activity zones keep you from getting notifications in the spots where you have put these little squares. I want it to do the opposite which is tell me only when activity is happening in those areas rather than the entire viewpoint.

Options
2021-09-17 16:35:40

@marisha 

Actually how you want the activity zones to work is how they are supposed to work.  You select the areas you want activity to be captured but you don't have to choose one.  Choosing one only allows you to modify that particular zone.  It does not mean only that zone is active at that time.   It does sound like you are having concerns with your particular device.  Please provide more details including the product and what firmware you are using.  

Options
2021-11-02 23:13:17

@Carl 

Activity zones don't work any more on my outdoor camera. Any movement within the frame regardless whether within the zone or not will trigger a notification. They used to work just fine. My camera is updated. One of the cameras is brand new.

Options
2021-11-03 09:25:37 - last edited 2021-11-03 09:26:35

Hello@Azzouni 

Thank you for your feedback, it is suggested to start a new thread from here and we will look into the concern further, you may attach details like the model, a photo of Detection settings and Activity Zone, a video of the clip that was triggered. Thank you.

Kindly note that  the sound or change of light will also trigger a detection alert for Kasa Camera.

Please also confirm Kasa app, camera  firmware are both up-to-date.

Options