Apple Homekit Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Apple Homekit Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-08-12 14:58:35

So support was cancelled today. Sorry, but I will never buy another product from them — ever.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-08-12 16:28:15
There is an update to this, and it's not good news. No support for HomeKit is forthcoming, despite an initial promise earlier this year and continued promises here. Apparently simplicity is not as easy as it's made out to be. At any rate, it's a sad day for TP-LINK, because they're going to lose customers.
Options
Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-08-22 17:40:25

Well Carl, I wish you good luck in the future, but a company that leaves their support team looking foolish due unfullfilled/abandoned commitments needs some serious self reflection.  Ignoring an entire loyal group (some might say fanatics) of Apple users is just short sighted and lazy.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-08-27 21:42:48

@BillBB 

In the simplest form you have a point, but we all know nothing ever that black and white.  Sometimes its as simple as hardware not being compatible and others its as complex and making the software work well with 3rd parties.  We don't have specifics as to why the project was canceled for the HS105, but its likely more grey area and involved that simply not wanting to provide the functionality to our customers.  Also we are not saying HomeKit compatiblity is completely dead either.  There are chances that it may be available in the future.  If that ever does happen we will let our users know. 

Options
Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-08-27 21:48:28

You guys also deleted my posts, SOOOOOO lame.  You make a promise that led to me spending $400 on your products, then you break that promise, then you DELETE MY POSTS THAT WERE CRITICAL OF YOU!?!?!

That's just cowardly.

Options
Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-09-18 21:29:16
Wow. Dropping homekit?? OK. This will obviously govern my next purchases. Will inform the folks who ask me about switches as well. Lots of choices out there.
Options