HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
158 Reply
Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2021-10-24 05:31:48

@JJ1 This just started with me.  I've tried all the recommended solutions. 4 bulbs and two plugs don't work with echo, but 4 bulbs and two plugs do.  It's nuts and I give up.  My iOS just updated, but it seems like all my top-Kasa should've been affected if it was that.  Did anyone solve your problem?

JJ1 wrote

Hello. I have three HS 105 plugs right now and have never had an issue controlling them with Alexa. Starting a day or so ago, all three plugs fail to be controlled by Alexa, it just says "Sorry somethings wrong..."  for all three, says to disable, then re-enable, which I have done many times without success. It lists all three as "Skill is unreponsive" under the device plug section. Even if I delete and re-add no joy, from either the Kasa or Alexa app. The Kasa app has no problem turning them on and off. I did try the steps on the page to enable them on Alexa(which as mentioned has worked for months and months), and my wireless connections are fine, internet up, changing the remote control status in the app rediscovers on Alexa, but no good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options
2021-10-25 09:51:09

@Reneemarie Hello, 

Can you double confirm if kasa devices could be controlled remotely in Kasa app?  Try to turn off Wi-Fi on your cell phone and use mobile data only, can you turn On/ Off KASA devices on KASA app? If device are 'local only' ,  please reboot Wi-Fi router, or factory reset bulb and add them in Kasa app again. 
How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart bulb?

Options
2021-10-25 17:10:37

@Solla-topee  hi!  Thank you.  Yes, they all work with Kasa. 

Options
2021-10-27 09:37:36
Problem solved. Thank you @Howster and @JJ1
Options
2021-11-02 04:48:09

@Carl 

To answer your questions:

Alexa app on phone responds after button push : "There was a problem"

Amazon echo response to "Alexa turn on the porch light"

Alexa response: "porch light not responding" 

Model # EP40 

Hardware ver 1.0

Firmware 1.02

Works with Kasa App on Local WiFi and Cellular

i had a second one of these EP40 new in the box that has never been configured I set it up with the same result. No Alexa control. 
I've shut off the skill and reenabled.  Done a factory reset on both devices and reinstalled with no change. Changed my password for the app and skill no change. This only started 11/1/2021 for these devices. The rest of my plugs and bulbs have no issues so far. 

Options
2021-11-04 08:01:53 - last edited 2021-11-04 08:02:06

Hello, @George09 thank you very much for proving the detailed information, for Alexa reports  error' there was a problem', this has been fixed, please double-check if EP40 start to work again with Alexa

Options
2021-11-04 08:10:47 - last edited 2021-11-04 08:18:18

Hi @Reneemarie, sorry for the late response, it is quite important to check if device could be controlled in Kasa app remotely (when cell phone is not connected to home Wi-Fi, but when using mobile data or outside Wi-Fi ) . From the cloud your smart bulbs seem to be Offline, you could try to   factory reset the bulb  and reinstall it with router. I will also create a support email  to discuss on that in details,  please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2021-11-04 08:30:45

@Solla-topee 

That's really nice of you.  I've already replaced the fixture with regular bulbs and am using at least one in another fixture. It only works with Kasa though. I have is connected to Alexa, but she refuses to control it.  A week ago I visited my mom and the tp-link plug wouldn't work with Alexa. It's bizarre. 
No worries though. 

Renee

Options
2021-11-04 08:33:57

@Solla-topee 

I just noticed it says plugs in the subject line.  It's four lightbulbs of eight and one plug that stopped working with my echo.

Solla-topee wrote

Hi @Reneemarie, sorry for the late response, it is quite important to check if device could be controlled in Kasa app remotely (when cell phone is not connected to home Wi-Fi, but when using mobile data or outside Wi-Fi ) . From the cloud your smart bulbs seem to be Offline, you could try to   factory reset the bulb  and reinstall it with router. I will also create a support email  to discuss on that in details,  please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2021-11-04 12:52:19

@Reneemarie thank you for your update, then you might use the smart bulbs later in other light fixtures, reset  and install them through kasa app. blush

Options