2nd AC3150 in less than 2 months going bad...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-09 02:43:53

Got one of these AC3150 routers on a Black Friday deal and after losing 5GHz on the first and having to do an RMA, the 2nd one was acting up, dropping 5GHz again, so I rebooted it and now is in a constant reboot cycle, I am going to try to reflash it with the latest firmware over USB (I'll have to look up how to do this), is this model a problematic one? I know TP-Link has great reviews and I've had one of their famous AC1750 routers too, but this is growing frustrating when I have to keep getting out a backup router to deal with this... We are a heavy streaming household and run a Plex server over the 5Ghz band through a desktop across the room from it, I just don't get all these issues!

Options
2 Reply
Re:2nd AC3150 in less than 2 months going bad...
2019-01-09 16:58:51

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these unusual difficulties with your replacement AC3150 WiFi Router. In your case, we would first recommend factory resetting the router. If the reboot cycle ceases after the reset, please re-flash the router's firmware via Ethernet using its web-based management interface, as shown in our FAQ here.

The Archer C3150 comes with a 2-year warranty, and if you continue to encounter difficulty after the above recommendations, please contact our Support Team using the available options here for immediate assistance and they will be more than happy to help.

Thank you,

Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:2nd AC3150 in less than 2 months going bad...
2019-12-11 11:59:37

@Ryan Hi Ryan, just wondering will TP-Link launch an update for Archer C3150, so it can support WDS Bridging? Any timeline for it? If not, any similar TP-Link wirelss router with wds function can be recommended? Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 617

Replies: 2