Tether app login failure to archer c2300 v1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether app login failure to archer c2300 v1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Tether app login failure to archer c2300 v1.0
2020-06-05 20:09:41

@AlteredEgo 

Hi, just bought Archer C7. Initially the app worked perfectly but after a while it gave same error as mentioned above. 

I then restarted my modem as well as router and again it allowed me in and displayed all connected devices. But then later it have the same error. 

Looking forward to a permanent solution to this. Thanks. 

Options
2020-09-19 14:06:33

@Chadwick21 Hello, I have the same issue. Is there any solution or a workaround ?

Thank you!

Options
2020-11-28 05:09:24

@Chadwick21 

Hi guys, just wanted to add my experience in the even that it helps someone.  I too had the same issue.  Whenever I tried to access the router using my tether app on iOS when I was connected to the router's main WiFi it would not login.  Yet if I went onto LTE I could then access the router using tether app (luckily I had enabled remote access).

In the end it was a silly mistake.  I had restricted local access under system tools - Administration to my laptop and iPhone only.  Then when I upgraded from iPhone 11 to iPhone 12 I completely forgot that the MAC address would no longer be the same and hence my phone was blocked.

I will also say that with the iPhone 11, there is a feature to use a private address when you connect to the wifi, this also changes your MAC and would cause the same problems trying to access the router through the local WiFi.

Hope some of this helps someone.

Options
2020-12-11 03:59:39
Any solution? I have the same problem with my TP-Link AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A9) firmware version 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485. It was working fine then stop with "login failed you may be connected to a guest network limited by parents controls" I reinstall the app on my android phone, I tried a different android phone and I also created a different login and same problem persist. HELP!!
Options
2020-12-24 12:53:09

@ziggie_e 

Similar problem...

I do not know if it is an update to the new App or my change to a new ISP.

My 2800 is working well on the new ISP where their router is in bridge mode acting as a modem. We had to remove the VLAN ID and it worked. All computers, cameras, NAS and entertainment works OK on the internet and remote access to cameras.

I also have 6 Deco M5s connected to the VR2800

The Deco App works both in the home and remotely.

THE TETHER APP DOES NOT WORK ANYWHERE ANYMORE.

• It ‘sees’ the 2800 device but when logging in with the admin password it looks like it is trying and after 30 seconds I get the error message message 'login failed - you may be connected to a guest network, limited by parental controls or your network may be unstable'.
  • I tried logging the router into the TP Link Cloud account where I can see the device listed.
  • Again, logging in fails. I know the password is correct because if you enter it badly you get a message that the password is wrong,
  • If I look at the device status when I try accessing via the TPLINK Cloud it shows all the details, MAC address etc but says it is OFFLINE.
  • If I log the router out of the cloud mode it appears in the App as a local device but still I cannot login.
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the APP and still the same issue.
  • I CAN LOGIN USING A COMPUTER ON THE NETWORK TO MANAGE IT

It seems the Tether App itself has a problem and cannot login when the VR2800 is operating in Wireless Router mode?

Are there any other settings I need to look at?

Do you need specific ports open that maybe the ISP is blocking? I cannot see this as the reason for local connectivity to fail though.

THE DECO M5 (I HAVE 6 OF THESE) ALL WORK CORRECTLY WITH THE DECO APP BOTH AT HOME AND REMOTELY.

Thank you for any advice.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether app login failure to archer c2300 v1.0
2021-05-21 20:25:48

@Chadwick21 did this ever get solved ?

Options
2021-09-27 18:35:27

@Chadwick21 Have you reached any solution for this?

I am experiencing the exact same issue, but my device is an Archer C5400.

Please tell us if you got any solution or not, so we can open a new ticket within TP-Link.

Thank you!

Options
2022-01-25 09:16:50
Options
2022-02-01 22:01:36

@Chadwick21 

I have the same problem. Sat up the C3200 yesterday and installed the tether app today. Logged in successfully and the next time I'd try to access it thru the app I got the same error message. I have another issue as well; the guest network falls out after a few minutes and have to be reactivated every 5-10 min to work... 

Options
2022-02-27 22:17:02

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I encounter the same problem with a c2300, v.1 (configured in ap mode), and in the case of a c2300, v.2, the problem no longer occurs.
  I want to mention that when the c2300 v.1 router is set as a router, the tether application authenticates without problems.

Options