Constant streaming - KC120

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Constant streaming - KC120

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Constant streaming - KC120
2021-09-27 22:02:38

@NorCalGuy 

It's now not doing the continue after ten mins but freezing the live picture. I'm very unhappy with this. Bring them back. I've had mine too long and will just unsubscribe... It's doesn't matter if they're all connected to same WiFi no difference. No one is listening. Avoid 

Options
2021-09-29 03:02:32

What is the limiting factor preventing. Camera is always on, this sounds it's only an issue with the APK (on android) issue and not a hardware limitation. I have the same issue while on the same (local) network and using the new 2k model.

also the cameras frequently all go "offline" at the same time, when it's really the app's fault, closing & reopening makes it magically come "online" again. If it is an issue with the android/apple app then make a computer based login. I hate having to use a virtualized android on my PC just to watch.

The problem with the motion & sound being the main item vs an always on display is the false notifications. Any sound triggers, dog, truck horns, construction, people outside yelling and adjusting the sensitivity makes people wonder.

Whether its used for a Baby monitor or a security camera the always on needs to be a feature. I mean, it can only be useful 10 minutes at a time? 

Options
2021-09-29 03:33:43

Hello@spykeb182 ,

This thread is discussing the continuous streaming on Kasa Camera, here an official FAQ explaining the situation. 

Can I watch the live video of Kasa camera continuously

If your concern is different, please start a new thread from here with some case detail, like device model, the photo of the error on the app and  we could help look into the issue further. Thank you for your understanding. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Constant streaming - KC120-Solution
2021-09-29 03:50:05 - last edited 2022-06-13 03:25:16

Hello everyone, 

If you could not stream Kasa camera continuously, please read this FAQ that helps explain the situation:

Can I watch the live video of Kasa camera continuously?

To stream  the camera in Kasa APP continuously,  make sure your mobile devices are connected to home Wi-Fi /under local network. 

Note that third party device like Google home hubs, Echo or Fire TV,  use cloud to cloud service, not local streaming, there will be a time limitation to avoid the data being wasted or drained. This is the current design.

You may also try the workaround shared by forum user and stream kasa camera on computer via Android emulator.

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Android Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack 

If your mobile devices are connected to home WiFi but still prompts 'Tap to continue' to message, try to troubleshoot as steps here: 

STEP1: Make sure you have turned off Mobile data & VPN  on phone, and phones are connected to Home Wi-Fi 

NOTE that if one of the phone is using mobile data or non-local Wi-Fi at that time, that may trigger the 10 mins warning

STEP2:

• Turn off AP isolation on router
  • Check if  host router firewall blocked tp-link related domain

STEP3: For IOS 14 devices, allow 'Local Network' permission for Kasa app on IOS devices. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/293

STEP4: Ensure Kasa APP and camera firmware is up-to-date. 

Pic : enable Local Network for Kas APP on iPhone

2a8b43bd9c8b4775959b85ae3f78f0e2

If Kasa app prompts a warning when  phone is connected to home WiFi network (local network) despite the above steps, please start a new thread here for the concern and provide some information below to  look into that further: 

1> Troubleshooting steps you've tried and the results

2> Model of router  & network topology, eg: Archer C7 router  <wireless>Kasa C200 

3>  Kasa APP version, model and Mac address of your camera (please share MAC address to us via private message), model of your phone and its Android or IOS version

4> To check if phone and camera is the under the same local network, download a ping tool on the phone, and ping camera IP when the refresh

How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera (ping step also works for kasa camera)

5>  Please leave one phone to stream the camera on Kasa app and see if the warning pops up? 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-29 03:55:46

Hey@Nint3ndo64 , sorry for the delayed response, if  tablet is connected to home Wi-Fi to watch live view, it should not have the time limation. 

I updated some troubleshoot steps above, if you still have the kasa device, please give a try. 

Options
2021-12-25 08:06:19
I am hitting same issues , constantly pop up for continue. Ok I guess the other feature request is to add indicator if Local network or not, and maybe add time to the screen too??? so I can know if it is lagged or not. use Google Mesh wifi, latest APP and IOS version.
Options
2022-02-14 14:57:22

@Solla-topee 

This is such a lackluster cookie cutter response. Just enable a function in the app for exclusive local streaming to the phone/tablet. That way it won't strain your servers.

I have tried your steps to No avail. I bought this camera when our first child was born since it was advertised as a baby monitor.

I work within network environments and you are telling your customers to disable their firewall to access the local stream?!?!?!

Options
Re:Constant streaming - KC120
2022-02-14 22:08:29

@Tony I am sending mine back specifically because of this issue. Why would I not want to keep the camera streamiong while I'm using it to keep an eye on my infant? "Nah, just shut it down. I'm sure my kid is fine. Just let me know when movement or crying is detected so I can wait 30 or more seconds for my video to load..." How does this make any sense at all?

Options
2022-02-22 06:39:28

Hello  @NewDad 

If you stream the camera on the kasa app locally (when device connected to home Wi-Fi network,but app reports ' Continue' message,  try to reduce the number of mobile device to just one device and see if that occur again,  please start a new thread with information request above on #16, thank you. 

Options
Re:Constant streaming - KC120
2022-08-10 05:53:35

@GrahamA   I too have this issue. How can I monitor my front door without constantly clicking an keepalive. Seems like a simple fix

Options