Ceiling fan switch

Ceiling fan switch

99 Reply
Re:Ceiling fan switch
2022-08-03 13:55:23

Tony wrote

@ZioJim Does not look like there is any smart ceiling fan products in the near future, but with respect to our switches (HS200/HS220/HS210KIT) they do not require a hub, only a smart phone with our Kasa app.

because there was no specific product info on hs220p3, I tried the switch on a ceiling fan, lots of distracting humming. Have since found out that fan motor ac induction motor needs a variable frequency drive. There are other smart switches on the market that can handel to draw. I suggest Kasa revise their site info too be more helpful. I will be removing the kasa switch and replacing it.

Options
2022-08-17 12:03:22

I gave up.   

Installed 2 Lutron. 

Work fantastic.

Nice app.  

D

Options
2022-08-21 18:44:49

@ZioJim I too am in need of at least 3 switches that can control both the fan on/off and light functions in one switch. I have no idea why Kasa/tp-link has not come out with such a switch or if they ever will. All the light switches that I have already replaced in my house are Kasa and I also have their smart indoor and outdoor plugs and smart plug adapters. I certainly would prefer to stick with the same Kasa brand. BUT that does not seem possible at this time. There is a company that does have a fan/light control switch. I have seen video reviews on YouTube and it is what we all are hoping Kasa would/should have. The switch I am refurring to is the Treatlife 2 in 1 Smart Ceiling Fan Control and Dimmer Light Switch. Available directly from the company or on Amazon.

Options
2022-11-28 18:24:31

+2 basic multispeed fan controls needed (no lights). This would be the one thing keeping me from replacing all my kasa switches and plugs once Matter is prolific.

Options
2022-11-29 04:23:35

@ZioJim According to TP-Link...No! They do not have or currently are working on, or will be developing a fan switch that controls both the fan on/off with speed control and light switch all in one. Too bad, all of the switches, plugs, bulbs I have are TP-Link/Kasa. This info is straight from the horses mouth as of this morning. Too bad for all of us Kasa product owners. We are forced to look elsewhere for such a switch.

Options
2022-11-29 11:56:21

@SmartyHouse Agree, even on Reddit, people are saying that Kasa turns a deaf ear on their customers. It will bite them in the future.

Options
2022-11-29 17:06:28

Well I'm moving to a new home with 7 ceiling fans and a front porch light that I want to install smart switches. As TP-Link never made a ceiling fan switch, the new home will be setup with a different company's product.

TP-Link lost a customer.

Options
2023-01-15 12:55:07

Looks like I'm going to be going with a Bond controller. I'd have really liked a tp-link solution as I've got so many other tp-link things already set up in my house: switches, dimmers, outlets... There's no way I'd ever go with any Tuya-based solution. The fact they force you to use their cloud account is a no-go for me.

I do wish there was a TP-Link solution! Why can't there be?

Options
2023-04-08 17:55:36

@Tony 

I was looking for something like this, it's no longer available....  On Amazon

359cbece76a1430db3aaa45397b2bb02

Options
2023-04-09 00:33:17

@MrD. That's one way of doing it but one switch that can handle both functions would be so much more convenient and nicer appearance wise.

Options
Related Articles