TP Link Dimmer Switch HS220 & Flickering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Dimmer Switch HS220 & Flickering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:TP Link Dimmer Switch HS220 & Flickering
2020-01-26 16:33:25

@Kyleslaw  ok... so last night, all of our lights were working perfectly with no flickering. We were all amazed. But, we woke up this morning and all of the lights are back to flickering... ARGH!!!

We have about 16 of these smart switches across the house (we did it as part of a whole home renovation). All of the lights connected to them flicker. So, I'm really hoping for a fix.

While the fact that all of the lights were randomly fine last night has me concerned the issue may be my electrical, our other lights NOT on the TP-Links have no such issues. So, I still think it's a TP-Link problem.

Options
2022-01-03 18:16:46

@JamesP 

Hi,

What was the outcome? Did any of lightbulbs you tested work? Please share. I'm facing the same issue. I ordered Sylvania's dimmable lightbulbs, but it flickers at anything below 100%, and my dimmer swtich starts buzzing unless I keep it at 100%.

Options
2022-05-01 22:04:22

@Marsh 

I'm late to the party here, but I just went through flickering with HS220 dimmer switch powering two dimmable LEDs when it was dimmed to anything less than max brightness.

Anyway, it turned out I had a laptop power adapter on the same circuit that was somehow dirtying up the voltage for the whole circuit, which caused the flickering. Switching to a different oem power adapter fixed it. Now i can go all the way to nearly off and there's zero flickering. 

Options
2022-05-06 01:52:05

it's because they use Triac dimming which is known to have problems with flickering. I was using a Lutron Maestro before which didn't have problems with any bulbs, but the Kasa switch seems to have a lot of problems.

Options
2022-05-06 02:21:31

@MrSnappyPants 

i ended up changing all of my lights to Torchstar. No issues. It was feasible for me because I was changing my lights anyhow. But, just seems silly that we have light issues in 2022...

Options
2022-05-06 03:28:30

@Kyleslaw I know you'd think they could get something as basic as lights right, led lighting has been around for a decade now.

Options
Related Articles