two-factor authentication for kasa accounts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

two-factor authentication for kasa accounts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:two-factor authentication for kasa accounts
2020-03-03 11:13:31

@Karteria sorry to say I gave up on these guys.  I've already started purging data and decommissioning their cameras.  I'm switching to either Amazon or Nest.  I'll pay double but I don't care frankly.  TP just doesn't prioritize Security in IoT, they are literally part of the problem.

Options
2020-03-04 18:25:42
Options
2020-03-06 12:55:14

@Tony 

I agree with everyone that this should be top priority!

I will have to find another company that cares about customer security.

Your products work well and are priced well but unfortunately, I too will have to look elsewhere.

I will be taking down my cameras and plugs and replacing them with either Amazon or Wyze.

Options
2020-03-13 20:09:03

@Tony Over 1 week and no reply from TP-Link!. I will start a new thread with my questions.

Options
2020-03-13 21:02:30

@Karteria It's not a priority for them.  I have decommissioned the last home security camera this week.  It's a shame, usability was really decent on the system.  As consumers we have to hold these IoT vendors responsible, and reward the vendors that are Security Aware with our business.

Options
2020-06-25 05:03:48

I really want to buy the TP-Link WiFi 6 Mesh WiFi AX3000.  They have the best performance I have seen for the money.

But there is no way I am going to use something at my home without the MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication).

I am afraid somebody will break into the home network configuration from anywhere in the world.!!!

How can you put a home security product without MFA? Looks pretty counter-intuitive.

No matter how good your password is, somebody can figure it out, and they can reconfigure your network from anywhere... (Pretty scary)

I will stay away from your good products until MFA is available.

I think this should be your highest priority feature.

Thanks!

Options
2020-07-06 08:14:43
They do not answer, they do not give any support to this of the 2FA. They are certainly not interested in people having this security support. Because they do not tell us who are the support and so since they do not give an answer, we make them feel us clients. Another issue in question is the RTSP support that the KC200 camera does not have a shame !!! The best thing is that with a firmware update you could add these features.
Options
2020-07-06 15:43:23

@eduytito I dumped all cameras off the system.  Do not use this system if you care about security.  This company doesn't care about security.  You guys (consumers) need to act and protect yourselves.  Reject these companies that do not respond to your REASONABLE demands for ENTRY LEVEL security, spread the word.

Options
2020-07-07 22:27:25
But know that I am already in charge of showing and showing people all the options that this KC200 camera does not have and on top of that the technical service does not worry about sending the raclamos to the support people so they update the firmware (it does not cost them anything ) and support the protocol RTSP + time stamp + HTTP / FTP / SMB stream, etc.
Options
2020-07-29 11:21:51

To contribute to this thread, Multi Factor should be a key priority for anything related to smart home or that gives the ability for connecting into the home network. 

This should be a critical priority and TP-Link are being short sites if this is not prioritised.

Options