Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?
2020-01-14 22:43:41

@Joshman08 

No and usually we don't get updates from the development team.  Until a product or feature is ready to deploy.  Yes this has been a requested feature in the past and we even discussed in at CES with the product manager but nothing as of yet as been determined or done.  

Options
2020-01-14 23:05:09

@Carl 

sounds like more reasons to NO RECOMMEND this product. I'll make sure that made clear to anyone I see buying this product and I'll be getting rid of mine.

Options
2020-01-14 23:21:52

@Joshman08 

You have to also understand that what you are asking for is a cosmetic change.  Cosmetic changes are always going to be a lower presdience item as they don't affect fuctionality.  Bugs, funtionality issues and security concerns always taking priority.  But, just because we haven't heard anything or been told an update does not mean the team are actively working on the request.   Updates are limited because we want to avoid giving wrong information or incorrect dates so until a feature or update is ready to deploy we typically do no information the support teams.  

Options
2020-01-15 03:10:12

@Carl 

road maps should be public knowledge. I worked at multiple companies that had feature road maps publicly announced. Recon some features were kept under the covers because of a possible market advantage.turning off a led is not one of those secrets.

you also said this was announced at a ces event. What ces event ? 2020 or 2019. If it was announced in 2019 or later and it still not fixed then Shame on the company development team. 

Lastly, it not like other open source projects already fixed this issue.

https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-channel-to-control-the-led-status-light-on-tp-link-hs200-light-switch/69536

Options
2020-01-15 18:27:48

@Joshman08 

In some industries maybe but dealing in a techincal industry where things are always changing such as ours roadmaps are not and should not be shared.  This was discussed with the PM at last week's CES but has been shared before as well.  Again this is cosmetic and low priority.  

And be careful  using 3rd party open source software with your TP-Link products as such use may violate our warranty policies and void a products warranty.   

Options
2020-01-15 18:34:29

@Carl 

no 

terrible response. I been working in IT devops for 5 years now. I know how volatile it is. 

Options
2020-01-19 19:00:15

@Carl 

any update.

i will keep making noise on all posts I find that relate to this issue

Options
2020-01-20 21:39:30

@Joshman08 

As I previously stated its been brought up to the team responsible.  As this is a low priortiy item we are not likely to see it anytime soon.  Regardless if you agree with that response or not its the truth.  We are here to answer questions and be a source of information for our users, that said we are not update mules and do not have the resources to provide updates to every request.  Kasa does do updates once a month.  If this feature is included in one of those updates we will make a post about it but until then we will not be able to provide further update on this matter.  

Options
2020-01-21 22:34:50 - last edited 2020-01-21 22:35:35

@Carl 

Carl,

Please make sure your product manager is aware that this light is preventing me from purchasing additional switches throughout my house. I would love to replace all switches, but seeing as I have three switches in my bedroom, I would be blinded at night. I have held off purchasing additional switches because of this, and have begun research into alternatives that can be used in a bedroom. If I find a suitable alternative, I'm likely to replace all of my switches with that alternative, give my old switches away to family members, and abandon Kasa altogether, as I'd like to keep the same brand for consistency.

I understand this issue is out of your control, but I hope the decision makers realize they are losing money over a probably 20 minute fix.

Options
2020-01-22 14:07:51

@Carl 

seems like I'm not the only one.

when the update ?

Options