Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Disable circle/round white LED on HS200?
2020-01-25 03:24:33

cosmettic my a$$, I just been told I must remove the switch because she can't sleep with this light. I do not recommend this switch to anybody because of this feature.  Who ever heard of putting a light on a switch so you know its off?  If the light is off, the light is off and you don't need an LED to tell me so.

But since I need to replace everything else I bought from you so its all on the same app, I will try to see if I can turn the LED off myself first.

Sorry I waisted my money on this switch.

Options
2020-03-05 02:40:25

Not going to lie, I was about to buy into TP Link as my whole smart lighting system at home but luckily I've been doing a lot research, and this white light LED not able to be shut off by the user is making me look elsewhere. I cannot agree as this being purely cosmetic issue as having a white light lit up in a dark room (bedroom while trying to sleep or tv room while trying to watch a movie in a dark atmosphere) takes away from scenarios where this device would be useful. 

Surely there must be an update on this? Or should I just go with another system althoughter just based on this simple yet influential issue?

Options
2020-03-05 03:02:55

@FRJ 

buy somewhere else. For the following reasons.

i been banned 2 times for asking for a status updates or voicing my opinion.

terrible customer/forum support. For the above reason. 

the product looks like it built well, but support is terrible and this one feature request made me look elsewhere to finish my house. 

they will never push this update. The earliest request I found goes back almost a year and apparently they announced a possible roadmap fix at a c3 event about year ago.  I also work in IT and code to do this feature doesn't take a year to implement. I bet They have a hardware defect that they can't control. This is my 3rd account and I'm sure I'll get banned again. 

ps 

there is another thread talking about the same thing on kasa forums.

Options
2020-03-05 03:07:47 - last edited 2020-03-05 03:08:33

@Thelaststraw

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at other options now. WeMo has the same issue. Any suggestions? Also being banned for these types of discussions will 100% influence me not buying into TP any further.

Options
2020-03-05 03:22:35
I don’t recommend Wemo either. They are Apple HomeKit supported and kasa is not....... the wemo ios app gui is also s*** about 5 months ago. It hard to recommend any other vendor for switches because others are expensive and less helpful. I have see. Lutron at other people homes and they seem to like it. Expensive though.... TP link hs200 is by far the cheapest and has Great build quality expect for this one bug to turn off the led circle. just about everyone I talk to or read posts about it want this to be a feature. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MXCRAX8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R6gyEbCNDFREQ
Options
2020-03-05 03:30:33

@Thelaststraw 

I'm just surprised that this issue hasn't been resolved or addressed properly.

I've been looking. Lutron looks like the only other solution I can come across but I don't like having to need a Lutron hub and also they are much more expensive. 

I might just wait and make other parts of my home smart and hope this is resolved in the near future. 

Thanks for the info. 

Options
2020-03-05 12:06:06

@FRJ 

AGREED!!!

i would buy 5-8 switches right now if the led turned off.

Options
2020-04-07 17:55:42

@TowPro 

If you have an apple device it can be turned off via this app,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1465004830

Options
2020-04-07 18:05:05

@Smarty_McFly Thank you!  I can finally remove the cardboard I have covering my light switch.  I just turned off the light on the 2 switches I have, and everything worked perfectly.

Shame the company couldn't put this as a feature in their own app.

Options
2020-04-08 01:48:05

@Mr_Matt 

Thanks.  Installed app on wife's phone snd turned off thel led:)

Options