Can't connect to HS100 Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-30 13:51:30
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've been using this plug for ages with no problems.  All of a sudden, it stopped connecting to wifi.  After a factory reset, I can't connect to it at all.

More info:

Did a factory reset by holding down the top button for 10 seconds until rapid amber flashing, and now it's in setup mode (flashing between green and amber).  The Kasa app will not connect to it.  It keeps asking me to go to my wifi settings and connect to the "TP-Link Smart Plug" wifi.  Nothing TP Link ever shows up.  I see a dozen other WiFi access points, but nothing TP Link, even after unplugging and replugging multiple times and factory resetting multiple times.  Also, I am less than 2 feet away from the device, so I know it's not a distance thing.

Anyone else have this problem?  I searched the forum but couldn't find any answers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect to HS100 Smart Plug
2019-08-30 16:11:30

@voodoo_god 

If the LED light is blinking setup mode there should be the default wireless network of TP-Link showing. If not, try another wireless device just to verify the plug is not showing a network. If still nothing, then there may be a issue with the wireless antenna. Get in touch with our tech support to see what solutions they can offer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2010

Replies: 1

Related Articles