Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-15 19:39:24

I have four smart bulbs that are in a group, and I would like to set a schedule for them all in one motion (rather than change each bulb's schedule individually). Is there a way to set a group schedule? 

Options
37 Reply
Re:Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?
2019-10-15 21:40:18

@maggsmaggs 

At this time you are not able to set schedules for Groups.  We will add this as a request for a future update though.  

Options
Re:Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?
2019-12-10 01:28:32

@maggsmaggs 

I have to be honest, that's the reason I got the mini plugs and I'm surprised that it's not a basic feature.  I had to add 4 mini plugs then add the same schedule 4 times.  Which is a pain in the ass.  I'm not exactly sure what functionality the "group" feature provides other than the ability to manually turn all plugs on or off.  I also thought that if one of the plugs had a schedule, the rest of the group would adhere to that plug's schedule but I tried it and it didn't work.  What a fail....

Options
2020-01-14 22:54:27

@trinity2979 

Creating groups at this point is just to turn on and off the products functionality.  Schedules, away mode and timers were not part of the intial deployment of the feature.  That is not saying that it won't be but right now its not. 

Options
2020-08-19 21:32:17

@Carl 

I would also like to cast my vote to have this feature (set schedules for a group) prioritized to be added to the Kasa app. I have purchased numerous HS-103 smart plugs to replace X10 controllers for Christmas lightning and having to individually set schedules for all devices is time consuming and error prone. Seems like a very valuable feature that shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Options
2020-09-30 08:31:01

@Carl I would also like to know when we can expect to be able to create a schedule for a group. This is the entire point of buying smart products. I'm very disappointed this has not been resolved yet.

It is currently faster for me to just get up and turn on every product manually than it is to schedule each and every product individually. This is extremely inconvenient for anybody whose schedule varies from week to week.

Options
2020-09-30 16:05:56

@Kbrianna96 

We don't have a time table.  There is a work around though.  Create a scene, add the devices you want to group to the scene and then use the smart action to schedule a scene to be triggered.  

also you can group devices together and control them with a single button push or through a voice command.  For instance grouping a bedroom's lights.  

Options
2020-09-30 20:33:11

@Carl 

Thats a good work around!  Now we just need the ability to have more than 3 smart actions wink

Options
2020-10-01 16:08:05

@RyanEverhart789 

From what I understand its in the works.  I don't know the details but I have been told the team is working on it. 

Options
2020-10-09 05:47:18 - last edited 2020-10-09 06:49:56

@Carl

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the main function I use my three smart bulbs for is to simulate a 30 minute sunrise every morning (starting 30 minutes before I need to wake up). Currently, I have to schedule each bulb 1 at a time every night, because my schedule is inconsistent, and there is no way to incorporate the 30 minute dimming feature with a 'scene'. 

Additionally, at the end of the 30 minutes, that is when I need my smart plug to turn on.

It would be nice if I could set up a 'routine' as follows:

-3 grouped smart bulbs dim on for 30 minutes

-smart plug turns on 30 minutes after routine starts

That way, each day all that would be required is setting the time that the routine starts (1 time instead of 4 times).

Another acceptable solution would be to enable the "30 minute dim on" function to be compatible between the Tunable smart bulbs and Alexa. Alexa has the capability of creating this routine I mentioned, but the "dim on" function seems to have a glitch in its compatibility with TP-link tunable smart bulbs. If you want to use any color other than 3150k, it doesn't work.

I appreciate your help. Thank you for your time.

Options
2020-10-09 18:05:35

@Kbrianna96 

The bulbs do now have a fade feature in the schedule but as of yet we do not have the ability to set schedules for groups.  My understanding is because the group function is universal for all Kasa products so all the group feature does right now is on/off.  I will send this request up though.

Options

Information

Helpful: 13

Views: 8823

Replies: 37