Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-08 13:49:38 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:24

I have setup 2 TP Link cameras in my house I can see them on my phone and on my small screen google home device. 

I want be able to view them on my computer but I can not find a app for my windows computer so I can view them.

It looks like it want me to add the device to the TP cloud but it will not allow me. 

How do you view the feed from a TP link cameras on your windows computer. 

This is not new tecnoclogy , you should be albe to see the feed from you camera in your house on the computer in your house on the same network.

Options
69 Reply
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
2019-11-08 17:43:27 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:24

@FrankJJ 

Kasa Cameras were designed specifically with cloud foucus and anywhere access through an app.  Windows and Mac usage are not part of the designed and as such there is no application on those platforms.  TPcloud.com was for the older NC cameras.  

Options
2019-11-08 18:29:36 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl 

WOW this is sad there ia a technology "PC" which has been around now for over 40 years  and you are not including it to interface with your output from your cameras. So, if you do not own a samrt phone you are basically excluding customers from viewing what is on ther camera they just paid you for. 

Yes I am over 50 years old but I am a computer system engineer and live on my computer so it would just make sense if you are going to sell a product that is supposed to allow customers to see views from their home you would make sure you allow that one devcie that is in everyones home to access it. 

This may force me to return all of my TP-link product if you are going to discriminate againt a group of poeple using a global technology that is not in your scope of offering, this poor marketing at its best. 

Thanks for the feedback, but this is still sad, TP-Link need to look into creating apps for PC and MAC, we do not all live on our phones. 

Frank

Options
2019-11-08 21:18:35 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ 

The product is not market for use on PC or MAC.  The packaging clearing states requirements for the App and use on iOS or Android devices.  This is how most "cloud" cameras are designed, not just by us by the community abroad.  It is how our Kasa Cameras are desgined and marketed.  Its not that we are ignoring a platform or specific cusotmer base, its simply these cameras are not designed for that purpose.  

Options
2020-01-01 22:56:46 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ 

I wish I had spent more time researching cameras... the fool at BB assured me I would be able to view my KC110 on my computer.  Since this in NOT the case, I'll be returning it to BB and buying one that allows both PC and SmartPhone access.  Unfortunately, programming is not what it used to be.  Today's programmers don't know how to develop complicated programs so they concentrate on drab phone apps.  

Options
2020-01-23 16:01:53 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl @FrankJJ 

I agree with this. Cloud means it should be accessible from anywhere right, not just a smartphone? Not neccesarily a program on the computer but any other cameras I have used (Nest, Ring, Zmodo, etc.) have an app BUT you can also login to their respective websites and view them through your web browser. Huge oversight on TP Link's part. Why can they not build a web container to show the footage? The data is there, just need to display it.

Options
2020-01-23 18:48:38 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@EricS 

Cloud doesn't mean accessible from any platform but rather from any network.  Our Kasa devices are desinged with moblity in mind.  This is why to this date we have not build a web portal for these products.  I'm not saying that we won't but just that it wasn't the intent of this product line whenw we first launched it.  These request have been sent to the development team so keep an eye on kasasmart.com for updates 

Options
2020-02-26 04:40:55 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25
I am 100% with you! I just was looking for exact same question that you did. I am very disappointed as well. I hope they rethink and build a pc app
Options
2020-03-16 12:08:27 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25
As far as I know you "cannot" view them on your PC. Without a pretty inconvenient workaround. I thought I would maybe have luck with TPLinkcloud.com but it seems the cameras' IP is pretty much blocked except to Kasa servers. TL;DR: Download android emulator, install Kasa app and login. My workaround is to run an android emulator like Bluestacks and install the Kasa app and log in, thankfully they didn't put a limit on how many devices one account can log into. You can view the cams through the App on Bluestacks and through your phone simultaneously! Just note if you make a change on one ETC it's best to restart the app on the device you didn't make the change on for it to update! Inconvenient as hell but it kind of works! Hope It Helped!
Options
2020-04-21 19:28:12 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Tatrii 

TPLinkcloud.com is an interface that built for an older NC-sytle camera.  Kasa is a different brand and team and mobility is where there focus is.  A web based client is not likely, its been requested but its not likely.  We do have a camera from a different brand the Tapo C200 which does have a PC interface to view its live stream, but camera function is still baded in an App.  

Options
2020-05-04 03:13:44 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Tatrii  you can view your cameras on PC running blue stacks android emulator on your PC then installing Kasa app, it is all very simple and works fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 37784

Replies: 68