Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
69 Reply
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
2020-05-04 03:16:26 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25
you can view all your cameras with PC by simply installing Blue Stacks android emulator on your PC then installing the Kasa app on through blue stacks, works a treat easy to do I have been using for a while now. https://www.bluestacks.com/?utm_campaign=aw-ded-brandsearch-en-au-s-5-nofle&gclid=Cj0KCQjw17n1BRDEARIsAFDHFexRcWP3rK0ULYWr1q7-7OTCwQlwKvYJGumfC3jZs0adEVTpzDudtj4aAudVEALw_wcB
Options
2020-07-10 13:51:20 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

I'll just use the app on the smart phone.  No biggie for me.  Everyone has a smart phone these days, but alas someone will always complain.

Options
2020-07-23 19:58:06 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ 

If you own a mac and run Catalina I think you may find you can use the iOS app on your mac. That is what Apple is saying. 

FrankJJ wrote

I have setup 2 TP Link cameras in my house I can see them on my phone and on my small screen google home device. 

I want be able to view them on my computer but I can not find a app for my windows computer so I can view them.

It looks like it want me to add the device to the TP cloud but it will not allow me. 

How do you view the feed from a TP link cameras on your windows computer. 

This is not new tecnoclogy , you should be albe to see the feed from you camera in your house on the computer in your house on the same network.

Options
2020-07-25 13:53:44 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ 

You may as well cast your phone screen to you PC or LED. That seems convinient.

Options
2020-08-19 21:35:53 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ It's obvious that TP-Link is trying to force people onto their pricey Kasa Care Plans. In the T & C s one discovers that the cameras will become paperweights after two years if a subscription isn't purchased. The problem is that the law in Australia is going to side with the consumer on that one; I purchased the cameras in good faith that I would be able to access imagery from them in perpetuity and nothing at all on the boxes indicates that you will not be able to use the devices as intended if a subscription is not purchased. I've retained the packaging and receipts and in the event that the cameras stop working, they will be going right back for a refund as I too was assured that the cameras could be accessed on a pc.

As for not allowing people to use PCs to access the imagery, all I can say is shame on you TP-Link. I'm capable of running my own network at home; don't insult advanced users who wish to control how they protect their home. I will be making many choices about which electronic devices to buy in the future and if TP Link's stance is to lock devices down to please the lowest common denominator I will not even give a moment's consideration to the purchase of more TP-Link products.

TLDR I was led to believe certain things about TP-Link products only to have that proven to be untrue when I read the fine print.

Options
2020-08-28 20:58:20 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl This is sad that you dont allow us to access our cloud via a computer on the internet.  I am goign to have to seek a return on all of my cameras I just purchased from you.  This defeats the purpose if I cant access both from my computer and smart phone.

Options
2020-08-28 20:59:32 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl I'd disagree, Cloud means its out there and typically that means you can access it from any device.  But apparently you have chosen to hold back our data from us.  I'm paying a subscription that is only there for me half the time.

Options
2020-09-01 17:30:04 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Thin 

No Cloud refers to the storage method, the content is stored on a cloud servers with OTA (over the air) connection.  This simply means that you don't have to be physically connected to a specific peice of hardware or network to access your content. For Kasa however right now the product's current access to the cloud is designed is via the app only.  We do not have any current plans to change this However if it does happen we will make an official announcement here on the community. One other than you can do is download or share the clips to another source for isntance Dropbox and then you can access files from there but it is a bit of a manual process at least at this time.  

We have sent the request up to the design team but typically never hear back unless the feature is or has been added.   

Options
2020-09-05 09:53:14 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@BigGlurt very concerned to note that the cameras can not be used without purchasing a subscription after two years. Perhaps TP-Link could kindly confirm whether or not this is true, because if it is I shall also be returning mine.

Furthermore let's not split hairs; a cloud connected camera should be accessible to all devices that can connect to the cloud. Disabling PC/Mac access is just wrong and unethical.

Options
2020-09-09 22:28:27 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

Cloud or not, a web browser based connection can function just fine. DLink does it with their cloud based cameras at their mylink site.  Its really not that hard to write some JS functions, HTML, CSS to have RTSP/RTP video stream to a browser after user authentication. a desktop app can function the same way.  Don't need to push notifications to web app, just Live and access to recorded video.

Options