Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2020-12-02 19:05:41

@HAP 

A few things.  When smart home products first launched Smart Actions weren't a thing.  They have only been around for the last year or so.  New features do take time to properly implement.  The primary focus was to make sure all Kasa devices were compatible with the service.  Now that they are the team can refocus on expanding the service.  But there is more to it than just updating the software.  Everything from  server load to cost has to be evlauated and that does take time.  While customers only see the end results and can speculate that the fix or enhacement is easy, its not always the case.  

Also consider in your specific case you are from what i gather looking for just setting mulitple schedules to go at the same time.  You can do this already though its a manual process and setting on and off schedules on each device.  I understand you are looking for a way to do this for a group so you only have to set the schedule once.  While using schedule a scene (one for on and one for off) is possible right now you can only do once instance for each to do two on and offs it would require 4 active smart actions which is not possible right now. 

Options
2020-12-02 19:22:54

@R.A. 

You mean smart things is compatible with TP-Link?

Options
2020-12-02 19:26:32

@BrzMan 

YES

SmartThings does a great job for complex automation and notifications from multiple IOT, smart device manufacturers. 

Options
2020-12-02 19:48:06
Wow, did not know that, thanks. Trying....
Options
2020-12-20 15:34:05

@Carl 

does anyone know if this update has been made yet? I am extremely disappointed in my purchase of this product. I plan on taking out all the lights I purchased and returning them if no progress has been made. I also plan on letting amazon know they need to make this information more readily available to customers before they purchase this item. Being able to create 50 smart actions is utterly meaningless if you can only use 3 at a time. Also not being able to set actions to rise and dim as the sun rises and sets is very disappointing. These are things other smart bulbs can do so I do not understand why these updates have not been made already. 

Options
2020-12-20 21:37:59

@nat44 I agree with you 100%

I wish I knew that BEFORE being anf INSTALLING everything.

So some good helper here gave me a good idea, use SmartThings from Samsung, I was a little skeptical before hand, but the app win me over.

It is REALLY great and useful, and so far, after almost 30 days of usage, all my automations are working really fine.

I totally recommend the use of SmartThings.

Hope this helps you...

Options
2020-12-28 23:10:33

@nat44 

No nothing as of yet.  We are still waiting for an update. 

Options
2021-01-07 20:01:31

@KasaUser005 

YOU ARE MY HERO!     SmartThings is THE solution.    

Options
2021-01-11 05:45:57

@Carl 

It's now 2021 and we are still stuck with only 3 Smart Actions

Options
2021-01-11 20:24:18

@MRG2 

They are working on solutions but nothing available yet.  That's all we have been given.  When we know more we will update this thread. 

Options