Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2021-03-28 19:27:13

@KulasDad What they should of said is you can program 50 smart actions, but you can only enable 3 at a time.

Options
2021-03-28 20:15:23 - last edited 2021-03-28 22:52:54

Yeah, that's probably what they meant. It would have been nice if they said that and even better if they would allow them all to be enabled!

Options
2021-04-06 05:05:05

@Carl I see this thread is ageing with no update in sight... I have used your product to automate most of my home I would be greatly interested in this feature being unlocked for more than 3 smart actions 

Options
2021-04-06 15:54:44

@CA1 

We haven't recieved any updates ourselves.  Once we do we will update this thread.  I just can't gaurantee when. 

Options
2021-04-27 02:44:39

@CA1 I wouldn't hold your breath. I posted about this almost a year and a half ago and got the same canned response. If they had any plans of doing it they would have long before now. It's unfortunate, aside from that issue they make great products at a great price. Good luck.

Options
2021-04-27 07:05:17

So not the answer you are all looking for, but here are some options to consider to enhance your automation capabilities - all are FREE! 

I personally do not use the App at all, beyond just initial setup of the devices into my Network. 

1.) Alexa 
You need to set up Alexa in an Amazon account - free- and you don't specifically need an Alexa device (other than your phone) - but that adds a whole other dimension to be able to give voice commands to your Kasa devices. Kasa Switches link directly to Alexa via a 'skill', no hub, just the app

The available automations do not have very complex capabilities, but depends on what your needs entail 

2. SmartThings

You need a Samsung account - again, it's free and you DON'T need a SmartThings Hub - the Kasa devices link directly to SmartThings app, just add them by selecting device by brand. 

The automation capabilities are more complex than Alexa so this would be a better choice. 

3. SharpTools - Sharptools.io

Sharptools is a Web-Based Tile Dashboard layout platform - many may have likely heard of Action Tiles - SharpTools is similar but far superior IMO 

You first set up your devices in SmartThings, then SharpTools Links to that. 

So again, you create an account, there is nothing to download, everything is created on-line. 

They have a free starter program - that supports a panel of up to 15 tiles if you want to ultilize a dashboard style control panel  - but that is not where the real value is - it's in the Rule Engine and the free version has unlimited rules available. And the Rules (Automations) can be used without even necessarily creating a Tile that supports the Rule, they stand alone!

i.e You can create highly complex Rules (Automations) in Sharptools and have SmartThings execute them on your Kasa devices, without them even being used in the Tile Dashboard. It's all very intuitive to use but if you need help, the guys at the community forum are amazingly helpful. 

Add things like Motion Sensors or Contact or Temp Sensors and create automations to control your lights individually or in groups; or timing cycles or whatever else you might want. 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-05-18 19:58:32 - last edited 2021-05-18 19:59:44

@Carl   

Wow, I'm at half way replacing all switches in my home and was already at 3 smart actions without giving much thought to them. I was planning to add more once I'm done with all replacement but seeing this thread I'm now reconsidering my loyalty to TP-Link. This is a serious design flaw that kills the whole point of home AUTOMATION. 

Options
2021-06-06 19:00:09

@Carl  this doesn't really make any sense to have a max of 3 smart actions. I just replaced about 25 light switches and plugs thinking that I wouldn't lose any functionality by switching to Kasa stuff. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do all this type.of automation in the Kasa app itself. People have been complaining about this for years already TP-Link listen to what your customers want! This is ridiculous! 

Options
2021-06-07 21:52:34

@As21 

There are several reasons why a feature may be limited.  It could be anything from a limitation on a server to a question of cost.  The reason why the service has been limited hasn't been given to support but I do know they are working on it.  Right now there is a lot of working being done on our Smart Home catergory just just keep checking out our site for updates.  Also if I do get anything I will post it here. 

Options
2021-06-07 23:46:58

@As21 

Install Samsung SmartThings App. It will pull in all your Kasa devices and you can write as many if/then conditional statements as you want. 

Options