Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2021-12-01 03:31:50

@wickdaddy SmartThings by Samsung is the solution.

Options
2021-12-11 21:39:09

@lostandlooking 

If I understand you correctly you are programming each device to turn off at several times per day?  This does not actually replicate turning off 15 minutes or an hour after being turned on.

@carl any updates on the software fix?  I was planning on adding switches to my basement, but will hold off or use a competitor if not.

Options
2021-12-11 21:49:38

@Brad_B 

As others have said several times, a good solution is the "SmartThings" app by Samsung.

it is a free app, and it works perfectly with KASA smart switches and outlets.

It also gives the advantage of integrating KASA devices with hundreds of other makes/brands of home automation devices.

The only feature that it doesn't have, that I wish it did have, is random time operation to switch lights ON/OFF while away from home.

Options
2022-01-25 18:27:32

@Carl has this been resolved yet?

Options
2022-01-26 00:08:02

@Carl 

ao what is the news on this. Are they still working on increasing the limit of 3 smart actions? Any updates?

Options
2022-01-26 17:27:46

@Haissam 

No updates as of yet.  I cannot say if it will be increased or not or if and when.  You can try Samsung SmartThings and or routines on Alexa or Google Assistant as an alternative.

Options
2022-02-25 19:20:27
the kind of design decisions that make one completely lose confidence in a product. Those that do not seem to be logical, nor do they have an answer as to why they occurred in the beginning.
Options
2022-04-05 15:10:58

Looking at this 18 page thread, you would think there is enough interest to support TP Link increasing the number of smart actions.  Only being able to have 3 Smart Actions active at any one point is ridiculous.

Having to use Smart things should not be the solution here.  Kasa app already has the functionality of smart actions built in, why limit it?  The fact you can create 50 smart actions (Automations)  and can only use 3 at a time.  Doesn't that defeat the word of automation.  You have to manually go in and disable \ enable them constantly?  There are 4 different types of automations you can create.  However, you can't even use all 4 at the same time.  

Options
2022-04-09 22:42:01

Wish I had read this before I just spent hundreds of dollars upgrading hole house to find out I can only set up 3 smart actions!! Complete disappointment! Hole point was not to have a bunch of 3rd party apps to deal with!

Options
2022-06-20 18:15:27

This is awful. I just found out this limitation of 3 after having 18 switches installed in my house. This completely defeats the purpose for getting them. There's no need for this limitation, especially when this has been a problem for years at this point based on this thread. 

Options