Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2020-05-02 07:11:51 - last edited 2020-05-02 07:12:49

@Carl I installed 20 of these switches relying in TP Link's expertise in the field. I don't know how else to say this but allowing only three lights to be controlled via timer is asinine. Please remedy this situation. This should have been a no brainer from the start, yet continues to be a problem to this day. There are no excuses. 

Options
2020-05-04 16:45:46

@TP4myBunghole 

Wish I could, but as I said its beyond my or my team's control.  This is completely in the hands of the Smart Home Development team.  We mad the same concerns when the feature was first launched.  How ever easy it seems to be there are a lot more moving parts that have to be considered.  They have told me they are working on increasing the number of active smart actions but at this time there is no ETA.

Options
2020-05-13 14:41:12

@Carl 

Will the resolution to this issue require us to change our hardware out or will it be a software/firmware update?  I have purchased a lot of your hardware, but have stopped buying due to this issue.  I am trying to figure out if I need to look at a different vendor.  Knowing if this is a hardware or software issue will help me determine which route to go.  However, not knowing when/if it will get resolve is a huge drive to look at other vendors.  It is very unfotunate since your hardware installation and use has went so smooth.

BTW:  If I don't get an answer to this question, I will assume the hardware will have to be updated (i.e. toss out and re-install what I have purchased).

Thanks for your honest responses to date.

Options
2020-05-13 16:11:56

@GasnerK 

No its completely a software issue.  More models are added all the time but as for getting more actions active at one time they are working on it.  thus far these are now the models that support smart actions.

HS107","HS220","HS210","HS200",  "KC100(US)(UN)(JP), KC110(US)(UN),  KC120(US)(EU)”,  KC200(US)(EU)”, LB1x0, LB2x0, KL1x0, KL1x0B, KL50/60, KL50B/60B, KL430, KP200, KP400,  HS110 (all regions), HS103,"KP100", "KC105","KC115".

As for increasing the amount of active actions I have been told they are working on a plan for it but nothing is completed yet. 

Options
2020-05-21 05:55:03

@Carl - any update on this? I bought these precisely for scheduling but with 3-action limit, I can literally only turn TWO things on, and even worse only ONE thing off.  This is HORRIBLE for my electrical bill and absolutely defeats the purpose of scheduling.  I have scheduled an electrical bill nightmare. When will this major product defect be addressed? 
 Until then - PUBLIC, if you are considering a smart device, then do NOT buy this product-  I agree with others that these are garbage and do not serve any purpose (unless your goals are bizarrely to turn lights on and leave them on). 

Options
2020-05-21 05:58:27

@RyanEverhart789 can you explain how this works? I have Lutron radiora 2 also but they don't have outdoor grade smart outlet, so I thought these would accomplish similar function - until I learned that there is a 3 action limit, so insane!!!!   Totally destroys any value.  How does a smart hub help? I also have Lutron connect bridge and control 4, Can any of these be used as a workaround?

Options
2020-05-21 17:12:01

@Heatherwb 

Well scheduling and Smart Actions are two different things.  You can setup up scheduled on and off, seperatly for each device.  There is no limits on that.  The limit is on active smart actions.  

A work around to turn a bunch of plugs, bulbs, switches off or on at once is to create a scene and then use a smart action to schedule that scene to trigger.  

As for an update as to when the active smart action limit will be increase.  I do not have an update to that yet.

Options
2020-06-21 17:14:57

@Carl I as well really need the ability to do more actions. Is this still on the roadmap at all?

Options
2020-06-22 23:54:57

@Mikev 

It is but details are not yet available. 

Options
2020-07-09 06:43:30
Samsung and Apple make a whole new generation of cell phones yearly but TP-Link can't solve a small software issue in over a year... IFTTT triggers still aren't supported after over 3 years. Guess how long it'll take to solve this 3-action limit? Even cheap, sketchy, Chinese-made devices don't have these issues. Have you considered asking the community for help? There are plenty of devs who'd more than happy to take a look so that we can have this resolved within a month. Request the Smart Home Development team to open-source the codes please.
Options