KC200 Clip Unavailable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC200 Clip Unavailable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KC200 Clip Unavailable
KC200 Clip Unavailable
2020-01-05 22:59:52
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

I have 5 KC200 cams that have been recording just fine on my mesh network wifi. But the past 3 days now they have not uploading! I get an X on the clip with the message "Clip Unavailable    This clip can't be played because something went wrong while uploading from your Kasa Cam." First it was just a few clips, but it seems to keep getting worse. The last clip that successfully uploaded was about 3 hours ago with 19 new notifications since then but all have an X on them!

I have tried rebooting my mesh wifi system (which shows great speed), I have rebooted cams by unplugging them for awhile. I really don't want to reset and reinstall all of them if it won't help (haven't tried it yet). 

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Options
13 Reply
Re:KC200 Clip Unavailable
2020-01-06 00:04:26

@Cam_fan yes... happening to us now.  I don't want to have to restart every camera.   It is still recording but I'm not able to access many now

Options
2020-01-06 00:06:05

@Cam_fan anyone with this issue? Support line no help. 

Options
2020-01-06 20:30:28

Well, shortly after posting this all cameras started uploading all clips! No reason for it on my end, I made no changes to my systems. And no posting by TP-Link Kasa to help! Guess it is just a coincidence that uploads start working after my post? Will never know. 

Options
2020-01-06 23:09:29

@Cam_fan SAME HERE! Amazing!!!! Guess @someone" figured out issue!!!  Very frustrating tho

Options
2020-01-07 03:13:31

Well, I spoke too soon. Problem is still happening,  just not as often. Even my camera that is very close to main router with a very strong signal. 

Will anyone at TP-Link address this issue????

Options
2020-01-07 03:22:30

@Cam_fan Omgosh....same here...wth now??? Something is up with TP Link... it is not my Internet/WiFi.   Equipment issue.

Options
2020-01-08 00:21:29

@Cam_fan 

Check the signal strength of the cameras just to make sure it is good camera settings > device info > tap on connected network. You generally want something in the 60 dBm or less.

Factory reset one of the camera by holding the reset for 20 seconds, and add it back.

If you continue to see X's, send a email to: kasa.support@tp-link.com

Options
2020-01-08 00:35:10

@Tony how do I check strength?  This issue appears intermittent.  It is a new issue, certainly not on each video.  However that being said, we are paying for Cloud, My Home gets robbed, video has X on film....you serve no help.  

Options
2020-01-14 04:45:39 - last edited 2020-01-14 04:48:08

@Tony One camera that shows clips with an X on them that will not play shows a signal of -31 dBm!

I have not reset any cameras yet, will I lose the clips previously uploaded?  

And I just discovered that I can download the clip with an X on it! If I view a clip just prior to the X clip, then click on the next video arrow ( >| ) while it is playing, It then shows an all black video playing. While the black video plays I click on the three dots in the upper right corner, click on download. The video then downloads 100% and I can view it on my device! But if I go back to the history and click on the clip with an X on it I get the message "Clip Unavailable".  

I've also been SOMETIMES able to make the X go away in the app by hard closing the app (swipe closed) and then restarting the app. This doesn't work too often though.

Thanks for any help!

Options
2020-01-15 18:11:49

@nita 

Tap on the camera in the devices menu, then the gear on the top right, go to devie info, tap on the wireless network you are connected to.

@Cam_fan 

Are you able to log into another smart phone with the same TP-Link ID, do you get the same result? If you have been using an Android phone, go back to the camera device settings, select advanced settings, and disable hardware acceleration. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4115

Replies: 13