KL430 Light Strip Jumpers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-05 06:43:51 - last edited 2022-08-29 11:51:48

I have a pantry in between two cabinets and I want to run these light strips under one cabinet, through the pantry and continue under the other set of cabinets.  I dont want/need any lights inside the pantry.  Is there a jumper cable available or is it possible fabricate one that will work with these lights?

Options
45 Reply
Re:KL430 Light Strip Jumpers
2020-03-05 18:23:19

@Nickp001 

At this time there are no such jumpers and I have not been informed is such an extension will be made. One suggestion would be to get another KL430 set and group the two sets together in the app.  I will forward this up as a request though.

Options
2020-06-19 19:40:51

@Nickp001 I have spent quite a bit of time lately looking at strip lighting for over and under cabinet lighting.  I would second the request for some sort of cable connections to connect stips.

Concerns with lighting strips:

- How bend/fold to get around a corner? (A short cable can facilitate)

- Power needs! (power plugs or power strip over and under my cabinets?)

- Connectivity between strips or extensions (custom plug ends vs a standard like USB-C???)

Seems a standard like USB-C for the initial 3meter kit and 1meter addon kit could be awesome!  USB-C should be able to be powered by a standard 18W mini wall plug or KASA smart plug with USB-C plugs (future?).

Options
2020-09-20 23:46:10

@Carl i want to re-up this request.  I just bought a strip and I will now return it because there's just no way to set it up to use on two shelves (one above the other) without buying two kits (which also requres another plug I don't have. 

I get why Kasa uses the proprietary connector but it's a huge pain and really diminishes the value of the product

Options
2020-09-21 19:21:06

@zmann 

The KL430E is a single strip extension that can be connected to the extisting KL430 to extend the legnth of the strip.  

Options
2020-12-10 03:35:07

@Carl, what I'm understanding is the need for 4 pin connectors that allow for two sections of strip to span a gap where lights are not needed/wanted. I am also in need of such connectors that will allow me to put 3ft of KL430 on top of a cabinet and the other 3ft under the cabinet, but still connect to the same power supply/controller.

Options
2020-12-11 17:45:42

@CoasterHero 

I am not sure excatly how the pin out works for the extension connections but it does apear to be a 4-pin out connector.  Those type of extensions are not manufactured by us.  You may be able to use a 3rd party extension or even make one yourself if you know how to, however keep in mind that the product is not designed to use such a extension and could possibly void a warranty should it cause damage. 

Options
2020-12-13 02:51:36

@Carl

Somehow I don't believe this can be done based on Q/A from Amazon. These light strips have proprietary connectors that do not match any universal connectors or there. Additionally, there appears to be a separate white led which usually requires a separate wire and leads me to think the connectors are RGBW. Can you confirm any of this information?

Options
2020-12-15 18:27:10

@CoasterHero 

That is why I stated may be able to.  I'm sure if you can or not.  internal wiring and how the pinout is setup is not something that is shared with support nor would it be infromation we would be allowed to provide if it was.  Not exactly the answer you were hoping for I am sure but short of deconstructing your product there isn't much we can say in this regard. On tope of that I do not know if using such a jumper would reduce the overall legnths maximums.  unfortuently this would be a trial and error type of investigation but not something TP-Link would do as it is not something the product was designed to be used with.  

Options
2021-01-08 11:18:22

@Nickp001 

KL430 is a 4 pin 12mm which seems to be a real  odd ball.

Where can I get supporting hardware (45/90 corners), tee-splitters, jumpers, etc.

Options
2021-02-16 15:34:18

@Dennis_B YES, I too need 90° turn adapters, I can see how a T would be hard to manage with the flow of some of the effects, but a 90°, a 3", 6", and 18" jumper should be made available for us customers who want to use these lights throughout the home for a clean look. This is easily done with all LED light strips I've used over the years EXCEPT KASA

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 13468

Replies: 45