We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.
2021-08-03 01:42:14

Instead of using scenes you can select the outlet and set the functions on it. In my case I have a Smart Outdoor Plug with two outlets.

I did the following:

1. Defined one of the outlets and then selected it.
  2. Selected schedule
  3. Added two times
    1. First to turn my device on
    2. Second to turn it off

A status indicator shows on the plug in the Devices list for the next action. In my case the schedule symbol 9:00 pm OFF. It is 7:40 pm now. :)

I tend not to use scenes on these smart devices since I usually have specific needs for each device.

If you have a bunch of devices you want to control at once then the scene would be the way to go.

Options
Re:We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.
2021-08-14 15:53:59

@NDH it's the time zone, set the time zone in settings within the app it will clear this issue up 

Options
2021-10-27 03:25:20

@Rexxxx 

This was my issue as well.  Which makes sense in hindsight.  Your trying to configure a schedule but it needs to know which time zone in order to trigger it at the right time.  The code to save the schedule needs better error handling.  From this and other posts it sounds like it's just a try catch for generic exceptions displaying a generic failure message instead of checking to make sure required fields are populated and displaying a useful error.  The initial setup could also make sure this is populated by specifically asking the user for their timezone.  I don't remember being prompted for it.  I just happened to find the setting on my own and tried it. 

Options
2021-11-08 13:16:00
boom! I think this will do the trick.
Options
2021-11-26 05:45:46
THIS IS THE ANSWER TO THE ISSUE!!! THANK YOU!!!! ADD YOUR TIMEZOME MANUALLY!! that sync button above it doesn’t count. that was only for location not the time zone. thank you @Fergy
Options
2021-12-06 00:52:46

@Rexxxx thanks for your help! This fixed the issue for me. 

Options
2022-05-25 21:40:11

dfwpianoman wrote

@WSD 

I was facing exactly the same issue.  I realized that I had re-named the plugs after I initially set up the device.  Deleting and re-installing the app itself had no effect on the issue.  Here's how I resolved the issue:

1. I deleted the device - Devices icon at the bottom -> swipe left on device to delete.  I thought it was better for me to delete the device with it unplugged, but in hindsight, I should have left it plugged in.

2. I re-added the device.  Because I hadn't left it plugged in, I didn't reset itself back to factory settings and I had to do that at this step.  I'm not sure whether or not it's important, but I named the devices something different from what I had named them the first time.

3. I removed the previous scenes.  Again, in hindsight, I probably should have done this before deleting the device, but I didn't.

4. I added new scenes, naming them something different from what I had named them the first time.

5. I was able to successfully create and save Smart Actions using the new scenes.

My guess is that something got messed up when I re-named the plugs, which caused issues when the app tried to save the Smart Action with the original names, but it's just a guess.  Something got out of sync, so deleting everything and starting over worked.

Good luck!

this worked for but made sure I deleted the scenes before I deleted the device  @dfwpianoman 

Options
2022-07-14 00:58:32

I'm surprisedthe Kasa/tp-link hasn't fixed this issue yet!

Come on guys, a simple if/then statement  could have solved many customers frustrations.

I'd like to thank members of this forum for providing the tips and solution.

Cheers,

Options
Related Articles