KP400 IPS 14.X / New Router couldn't add until I used another iPhone with IOS 12.4.9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KP400 IPS 14.X / New Router couldn't add until I used another iPhone with IOS 12.4.9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 22:17:33
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hello I created this post to hopefully safe someone some painful time.

I bought a new Wifi 6 router and had to re-program all my devices.

After setting the KP400 to factory it would not allow me to add my network.

I was using and Iphone 6S with IOS 14.2

After trying for about a day on and off, I decided to use my work Iphone6 (IOS 12.4.9) and everthing worked.

Back on my Iphones 6S I see the devices again.

So I am assuming it is and IOS 14.X issue, but perhaps it could have been solved by deleting the app and then re-downloading it.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:KP400 IPS 14.X / New Router couldn't add until I used another iPhone with IOS 12.4.9
2020-11-30 01:33:20

@Squonk I'm having the same issue I think. iOs14 has a privacy setting for local network access. Apps are supposed to "request" access and then you can go into the Privacy setting and turn it on. Kasa Smart tells you to turn on Local Network Access but the App doesn't request it so there's nothing to turn on. 

Squonk wrote

Hello I created this post to hopefully safe someone some painful time.

I bought a new Wifi 6 router and had to re-program all my devices.

After setting the KP400 to factory it would not allow me to add my network.

I was using and Iphone 6S with IOS 14.2

After trying for about a day on and off, I decided to use my work Iphone6 (IOS 12.4.9) and everthing worked.

Back on my Iphones 6S I see the devices again.

So I am assuming it is and IOS 14.X issue, but perhaps it could have been solved by deleting the app and then re-downloading it.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks

Options
Re:KP400 IPS 14.X / New Router couldn't add until I used another iPhone with IOS 12.4.9
2020-11-30 04:13:51

@JohnAP Hi Thanks for your reply, I think I tried that... perhaps if you delete the app then re-install it, it may re-prompt for those rights.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 384

Replies: 2