KL130 won't respond to pings, blinks, responds to 2-3 pings, rinse, repeat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL130 won't respond to pings, blinks, responds to 2-3 pings, rinse, repeat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:KL130 won't respond to pings, blinks, responds to 2-3 pings, rinse, repeat
2021-04-30 04:15:54

I mean, is it really an issue if they work? It does seem like my bulbs respond to a ping after a while. When I tested, the first 4 packets returned "destination host unreachable", but no problem after that. Are you pinging with Windows, which from memory only sends 4 packets?  Breaking a curse

Options
2021-04-30 08:40:21 - last edited 2021-04-30 08:43:47

LillyJLeon wrote

I mean, is it really an issue if they work? It does seem like my bulbs respond to a ping after a while. When I tested, the first 4 packets returned "destination host unreachable", but no problem after that. Are you pinging with Windows, which from memory only sends 4 packets?  Breaking a curse

Use ping -t for a continuous ping.

The KL130 v2 would not remain on the network long enough to get through the initial setup, much less change colors or set schedules etc.

No problem at all with the KL125 bulbs. No problem, either, with my other KL130 v1 bulbs. Just with these two KL130 v2.

Water under the bridge.

Options
Re:KL130 won't respond to pings, blinks, responds to 2-3 pings, rinse, repea
2021-06-17 01:41:11

@Tony Just read this thread tonight and have many of the save problems reported in the OP.  I have a combination of KL130 v1 and v2 hardware, and all of the v1 perform very reliably on my network and the v2 are hit and miss.  All of my firmware is current. I've tried swapping the location of my various v1 and v2 bulbs across my home and the v2 consistantly demonstrate connectivity issues. 

Are there any log files I can generate to help narrow down the root cause?

Options
2021-10-03 23:19:25

I realise I'm 4 months later in this conversation, but I had the exact same issues, and was just able to get one of the bulb to work, so posting here in case it helps others.

Here are the steps I used:

1. Do a factory reset on the bulb
  2. Connect to the bulb's wifi from my PC
  3. Use the beta upgrade that Tony linked previously here
  4. After the bulb rebooted, used the Kasa app on my phone as usual to add the device
  5. After I'd added it to the network this time, it connected fine and I got a firmware upgrade prompt on the phone, which I said to apply now
  6. Done!

I hope these same steps work for you!

Options