HS210 3-Way Switch Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210 3-Way Switch Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:HS210 3-Way Switch Not Working
2021-04-14 23:05:06 - last edited 2021-04-14 23:27:26

@Ferinthul did you remove the wire from the switch to test it? 

It is possible that you can voltage back-feeding through the switch from one of the travelers 

Important to disconnect and validate that it is indeed the live one

Also make sure that your Neural is connected to the incoming Romex Neutral 

It appears to be, but just double check 

I see the HS210 White connected to the Traveler Romex white and another White going to what I think is the input Line, correct? 

Do vaildate that the Neutrals are all interconnected well (when they are very busy, it's easy to look like its captured in the nut but not necessarily) 

Do you have the Wifi Connection available/complete on the device or is it not powering even that at all? 

With it wired up as-is, is there voltage on either of the two taveler wires at the HS210? 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-14 23:33:36 - last edited 2021-04-14 23:42:29

Voltage is on both travellers for the HS210... My last conclusion is that the light is hooked up wrong... I'm defeated ahah... I'll be calling an electrician once lockdown ends in Ontario.

Options
2021-04-14 23:43:18
Yes.. i removed the wire from the siwthc to test it... capped it and everything. Made 100% sure that it was the right one and no interference was disturbing the reading.
Options
2021-04-14 23:49:32

Ferinthul wrote

Voltage is on both travellers for the HS210... 

@Ferinthul Was this with them disconnected or connected? You can't really have voltage on both travelers - the way the switch works, it's an either/or situation - that's what the 3-way switch does, whether smart or dumb - it transfers the input voltage to either of the two traveler terminals, depending on which way the switch is set. 

And also, if it was with them disconnected it would have to be coming from the dumb switch which would imply IT was the line one? 

If they are disconnected, then you should have no voltage at all on the traveler wires. 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-14 23:51:40
Sorry.. when they were connected they had voltage (both of them). When disconnected both were not hot
Options
Related Articles