3 way switches - need to replace both?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way switches - need to replace both?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:3 way switches - need to replace both?
2021-04-16 01:54:59

@bmtanner well the good news is that Kasa has announced an upcoming 3-way dimmer - sometime around summer availability is projected I believe.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but think you're saying you have a manual 3-way dimmer installed?

That sounds feasible depending on that device's configuration - again the smart switch would have to be at the line end, so as long as the manual dimmer is installed at the load end it should work as you describe. I know my Lutron manual dimmer comprised a switch at each end however so don't know that would work as you suggest

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
Re:3 way switches - need to replace both?
2021-04-16 15:19:11

@Bethel.8009 Ok, thnks.  Yes, I think you understood.  Maybe not worth doing if I have to swap which end the manual dimmer is at, but I am guessing maybe that is typically put at the line end. 

Options