Installing multiple Kasa Smart Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 18:48:42 - last edited 2021-10-26 00:53:11

What is the best way to install and configure multiple smart switches? I am putting 12 of them in the house (HS200). The problem is, when they are all in and I turn power back on the house, I will add product then join the device's unique Wi-Fi, which all 12 will probably show up in the app. With 12 in the house, how do I know which switch is to a given Wi-Fi? I'm sure 12 different ones will show up in the app when I am setting them up. What I want to do is avoid turning off pwer in the house for each switch I install. Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Installing multiple Kasa Smart Switches-Solution
2021-10-25 19:21:40 - last edited 2021-10-26 00:53:11

@jumbo777 Ok, I figured it out. The way I did it, I installed all the smart switches (12 total) and restored electrical power to the house. Next, I verified that each of the 12 smart switches were ready to configure by checking the light was blinking green and amber. I went into the app and added device. I followed all of the prompts and when it directed me to go to the device's Wi-Fi, I chose one of the 12 listed. I continued and named it "1". When it was all set up, I toggled the switch that was named "1", until I heard the click from the switch (and/or saw the light turn off and on). I went to the switch to verify the green and amber light was not on and blinking and that it was functioning properly. After that, I went into the settings and named the device (example, "living room"). I repeated for the remaining devices by naming them "1" while configuring and renaming the specific room after setup. I have all devices linked to Alexa and she picked it up right away. Viola! 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Installing multiple Kasa Smart Switches-Solution
2021-10-25 19:21:40 - last edited 2021-10-26 00:53:11

@jumbo777 Ok, I figured it out. The way I did it, I installed all the smart switches (12 total) and restored electrical power to the house. Next, I verified that each of the 12 smart switches were ready to configure by checking the light was blinking green and amber. I went into the app and added device. I followed all of the prompts and when it directed me to go to the device's Wi-Fi, I chose one of the 12 listed. I continued and named it "1". When it was all set up, I toggled the switch that was named "1", until I heard the click from the switch (and/or saw the light turn off and on). I went to the switch to verify the green and amber light was not on and blinking and that it was functioning properly. After that, I went into the settings and named the device (example, "living room"). I repeated for the remaining devices by naming them "1" while configuring and renaming the specific room after setup. I have all devices linked to Alexa and she picked it up right away. Viola! 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1050

Replies: 1

Related Articles