Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"
2021-11-01 19:16:14

@AK2134 

Curious why you think it's an Alexa issue?  All of my other KASA products are working just fine, as well as other branded switches/plugs/devices in the Alexa app.  As far as I am aware, there haven't been any Alexa updates pushed by Amazon yesterday or today (unless I missed something??).  

Thank you for your response.

Options
2021-11-01 19:45:15

@AK2134 I've already been working with Amazon with this since this morning (7 hours ago) so... Yes they are aware of the issue as well... It's either the Alexa app and/or Kasa apps' API not including these model bulbs in their code...?

Options
2021-11-01 19:55:13 - last edited 2021-11-01 19:58:20

@theJedi keep us updated! I've noticed that the devices I'm having problems with are the bulbs that I've moved from their original placement, renamed, and moved to different groups. The two KL125 bulbs that work are the ones that have not been moved or renamed from their original spots. Hope this may help.

Options
2021-11-01 20:05:16

@Pfilly Weird..I never even moved any of my KL125's but they stopped working.   Reason I believe its Kasa app is the skill is what allows Alexa to communicate to the Kasa app so Alexa can control them, Alexa can control others but not the KL125's, unless someone else has issues with a different bulb/device...and the kasa app will connect flawlessly with the bulbs.  Alexa doesnt connect to the bulbs directly, per say, but get to access them since kasa gives "her" the access codes to, so to speak...thus meaning kasa isn't giving "her" the "option to even control" the KL125's since "she" doesn't think they exist...lol  Oh lawd...A.I. being reffered to as a "her"...I knew the days were coming...haha  

But for real...hopefully someones looking into this as our wheels just spin in the mud here : )

Options
2021-11-01 20:10:42 - last edited 2021-11-01 20:11:27

@theJedi you probably missed it but Alexa recognizes my 4 KL130 and 2 KL125 bulbs but I stated that it (Alexa) doesn't recognize 6 KL125 bulbs that have been. I don't think it's Kasa or if it is there's a device management issue within one of the apps (Alexa or Kasa). Did the reset and deleted everything from both Alexa and Kasa but still no go

Options
2021-11-01 20:14:05
Was the bulbs in a certain Group within Alexa app? mine were all kitchen KL125 P2 bulbs in the kitchen, in a Group all together with nothing else (no other devices or lights/plugs in that said group only those bulbs)
Options
2021-11-01 20:23:08

@theJedi yes. I unbounded them and set new groups. Not sure if it was renaming them or putting them in new groups that may have caused the problem. Still; nothing works like it's supposed to as of yet

Options
2021-11-01 22:48:02

@daniellew Same here! We just set them up 2 nights ago. I did everything possible to get them to work and chatted with Amazon. Nothing. So frustrating

Options
2021-11-01 22:55:59

Having the same issue with the KL125's.  Started today, 1 Nov.  I posted another thread (before I found this one) with some more detail.  

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/508164

Options
2021-11-01 23:11:31

Same issue here! Just went down! My older bulbs that I've had for over 2 years work fine. But the newer ones, color changing bulbs are not working with Alexa. But work great with the Kasa app! @Kasa what's going on? 

Options
Related Articles