KL-125 bulbs don't work with Alexa groups

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-02 22:28:48 - last edited 2021-12-02 22:47:54
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I just installed several KL-125 bulbs.

Hallway

Hallway Lamp

Family Room

Couch Brass Lamp

Couch Vase Lamp

Small Brass Lamp

Bedroom

Kevin's Night Stand Lamp

Night Stand Light     (older LB100 bulb)

All show up in the TP-Link Alexaa skill

All can be controlled individually through both TP-Link Kasa app and Alexa app

Both "Alexa Hallway on" and "Alexa Bedroom on" work as expected.

"Alexa Family Room on" causes Alexa to make the tone as if it is turning on the room, but nothing happens.

Each of the Family Room bulbs can be controlled correctly through Alexa voice "Alexa, Couch Brass Lamp on" etc.

I've deleted all of the TP-Link devices from Alexa and disabled the skill and re-enabled, but same result.

I tried creating a Living Room group and adding the same 3 lamps, no good.

I added one of the Family Room lamps to the Hallway group, no good.

I used to have a smart plug (not sure if it was TP-Link, or not) in Family Room and Alexa could could control that correctly. I've removed it sonce then.

I'm ready to rip my hair out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

Options
3 Reply
Re:KL-125 bulbs don't work with Alexa groups
2021-12-03 02:12:43 - last edited 2021-12-03 02:12:56

Hello @KevinDubs 

Thank you for your detailed and clear post. Can you help confirm some details below to investigate further

1.  Can you give us some example of what Alexa did response to  voice command  with exact time point:

e.g.  9:00AM ,   ' turn Alexa Family Room on ' , Alexa responds ' ...' 

2. Try to turn on/ off Alexa Group manually via Alexa APP, can the 'Alexa Family Group' be turned on/ off  on Alexa app 
3. Try a different Alexa  Group Name like ' Couch Room' and see if  that makes any difference

As the issue is quite unusual, we would like to follow up your case through support email, please check your inbox later, thank you. 
Options
2021-12-03 14:57:04 - last edited 2021-12-03 15:07:02

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for the reply.

From 9:22am (East Coast USA) to around 9:41 am, I tried "Alexa, famiy Room on". The blue/blue ring circles and Alexa does the boop-boop noise, like it's turning on the lights, but nothing happens.

I created Couch Room and added the three lights. "Alexa, Couch Room On" resulted in "I cannot find a group called Couch Room"

Everything works fine through the Alexa app and the TP-Link Kasa app, both groups and individual lamps.

I can use Alexa voice commands to turn on individual lamps.

The Hallway group does work, but I'm not sure if it's because of the Hallway group, or because the lamp is named Hallway Lamp.

One other strange thing I noticed, the Small Brass Lamp, if I click on the Family Room tile, it shows:

Couch Brass Lamp

Couch Vase Lamp

Small Brass Lamp

The On/Off button for the group controls all three lamps.

if I click on Edit for the Family Room tile, the two couch lamps come up checked, but Small Brass Lamp does not.

Similarly, if I Edit another room, the list of devices shows Family Room under the two couch lamsp, but nothing for the Small Brass Lamp.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

Kevin

P.S. I just tried creating a scene in the Kasa app, called Sunset, with the three lamps in it. Alexa immediately discovered the new scene.

"Alexa, Sunset on" results in the same blue/blue green ring spinning and the boop-boop noise, but nothing turns on.

Options
2021-12-06 01:28:37 - last edited 2021-12-06 01:31:09

Hi@KevinDubs 

Thank you very much for more case details! Not sure if this could be reproduced by us, I would like to escalate your case and our engineer will help investigate further they will follow up your case through email soon. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 3

Related Articles