Unable to Connect to Your Smart Bulb wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-03 16:26:42
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I got on amazon 2 kasa smart light bulbs and I downloaded the app on my iPhone and it is connected to my network, but it doesn't see the light bulbs. I followed the instructions and I turned off and on the light, while searching for it, the light bulb is flashing a bit, and then nothing. I get the message: Unable to Connect to Your Smart Bulb wi-fi

I tried like 10 times and nothing. I searched online and I saw if I turn off and on 5 times it will restart the light bulb, and still nothing, I am not even sure if they got restarted or not...

I don't know what is going on, but I am sure the light bulbs are not working...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to Connect to Your Smart Bulb wi-fi
2021-12-06 04:44:25

Hello @cata_bun 

1. When factory reset bulb , try to turn off/ on slowly has one sec interval every time and see if bulb flashes 3 times. Kasa bulb will broadcast default SSID  'Kasa Smart Bulb_XX' after a successful factory reset 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart bulb?

2.  If you could see the Kasa default SSID, later follow APP instructions to set up the smart device, when app guides to connect to Kasa_Smart_ XX SSID

iOS: Go to the Settings page, click on the Wi-Fi  to connect to the Smart device’s Wi-Fi manually, then go back to app to continue set up
Android: Android phone will look for smart device automatically, if not or could not find  device,  manually connect to Smart device's Wi-Fi, go back to APP and continue set up.

• Turn off VPN
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2056

Replies: 1

Related Articles