Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings missing and corrupted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings missing and corrupted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings missing and corrupted
2022-09-15 01:00:41

@Bill333  @DaveGeorgi  @ScottX  @creaker  @JHonis  @want2beunique  @Alvin121  @dsh15  @M579  @RP707  @JHP49  @Busterlou  @DL607,

Another Quick Update for Everyone! 

I received word from our QA team that it appears as thought the first batch of cameras to receive the update hopefully this week or next will be the:

KC410S, KC411S, EC70, and KD110 2.0

If you have one of these cameras, keep an eye out and let us know if the issue is fixed after the firmware update is received.

If you have another camera please keep checking for updates, or I will try to let you know if I receive information of further devices receiving the firmware that were impacted. If you believe that you have a camera that is affected and is not one of the below, please let us know:

C210, EC60/70, KC105, KC400, KC410S, KC411S, KC420WS, KD110  == These are the cameras that users have reported as having symptoms similar to the one that we are tracking. Having a camera on this list does not mean that is affected by the SD Card issue. These are simply the devices we have asked our engineers to try and replicate the issue with

Options
2022-09-23 18:05:57

@Riley_S 

I have a KD110 2.0 that is still on firmware 2.3.13. Is there a way for me to trigger the firmware update? 

I am also experiencing SD card and 24/7 recording problems once capacity is reached. 

Options
2022-09-23 20:14:52

@Screen_Name99,

I will have to double-check to be sure, but I believe that whenever the camera is removed from a power source the camera will check if a firmware update is available once it reconnects to the network.

Options
2022-09-29 21:00:13

@Riley_S  I have power cycled the doorbell with no change. Settings > Firmware Update > Camera shows "0 Available Updates". 

Options
2022-09-29 21:14:37

@Screen_Name99,

Thanks for the update ( or your lack thereof lol).

The engineering team is hard at work pushing a variety of updates to our products, if the firmware is not yet available for your device it should be soon. Also, depending on what phone version you have, there is an available update to the iOS Kasa app that may help fix the issue, the Google Play Store version should be available any day. As a warning for now, it is required to use the Kasa 3.0 app on all devices after updating one app to the new version. If you have a combination of Android and Apple Devices, we recommend waiting until the app update is confirmed and available for Android

Options
2022-09-29 21:27:27

@Riley_S  I use android only. From your earlier post I thought KD110 was targeted for the update. Every time the SD card reaches capacity it is no longer usable until I format. 

Options
2022-09-30 00:02:29

@Screen_Name99,

It is, we just have no knowledge of when the updates will be pushed to each camera. All we currently know is that the issue has been identified and there should be an update coming soon for the devices listed in the post, it is only known that these products are slated to be the first to receive the fix.

Because of the new Kasa App release, I have a personal suspicion that it may be available from the new app; I know that some of the issues when it comes to viewing recordings were fixed with the new update.

Options
2022-10-06 04:17:23

Have the latest app update. Still have issues viewing recordings on my KC420WS when the 256 GB cards get "full". Reformatting makes them work again for a while.

Options
2022-10-06 17:20:51

@RP707,

Sorry to hear that, I was really hoping that the initial app update would fix some of the issues. Another good thing about the application though, is that the firmware update screen now includes patch notes for your devices so you can have a better idea of when a firmware update is available.

I believe that there are already updates slated for the 3.0 Kasa App, so this may have just been a preliminary release, and they may start pushing out more technical and specific updates once the 3.0 rollout has completed. If the recordings just arent viewable and are not corrupted, you can always offload the videos to view. Otherwise, our engineers say that rebooting the camera has a small chance of fixing this specific issue related to viewing the videos.

Options
2022-10-25 18:03:14

@Bill333  @DaveGeorgi  @ScottX  @creaker  @JHonis  @want2beunique  @Alvin121  @dsh15  @M579  @RP707  @JHP49  @Busterlou  @DL607,

Our QA team wanted me to check in with everyone on the thread to see where we currently stand. Have any of you either had an update to your camera that fixed the issue, or are some of you still having issues with the SD Cards and recordings? Firmware is still rolling out with additional fixes, we just want to gauge the effectiveness of the updates thus far. If you did not see an update to your camera's firmware available, the firmware may have been automatically updated. I know that some smaller issues, such as delayed viewing of recordings were fixed in the newest Kasa App Update.

Options