Kasa Light Strips: L connector

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 03:45:43
Tags: #Light strip
Model: KL420L5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I want to put lights surrounding a picture on a flat surface. To do this, I'd need to somehow connect to a new strip. Are there any products available to help? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Light Strips: L connector
2022-09-16 18:21:25

@Space_Ranger,

To start off, any configurations that involve the cut portion of the light strip, are not officially supported by TP-Link and there can be no guarantees that a setup will function, or communicate with the Kasa application correctly.

The KL420L5 makes this a little more complicated, and I'm not sure it is possible due to the RGBIC features of the strip. After cutting the strip, you will have to look into third party connectors that attach to the ends of the cut strip and would allow you to add a segment. These connectors vary by Pin Number, Order of Pins, and What type of coating is on the strip, so make sure you research what adapters would give the best chance of working with your strip.

If you are looking at connecting another strip to the end of your existing KL420, this will most likely not work, as the controller is only rated to provide power fox x number of lights, and adding another strip may overload this. Also, the Kasa Application has no controls for Independent Control Lights that are beyond the set length, or at least so I would expect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Tags

Light strip
Related Articles