3.0.2 breaks scenes on Android

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3.0.2 breaks scenes on Android

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:3.0.2 breaks scenes on Android
2022-10-05 17:15:57

@RomseyGuy Yeah - what I thought. So I'm not going to do anything.

Fiddling with my phone isn't going to fix the IFTTT issues either. This is very obviously a back end problem so I am going to let TP-link do the legwork.

I've opened a ticket with their support guys too, just to add to what I am sure is a very long list of support tickets.

Options
2022-10-06 11:48:30

@RomseyGuy 

No change in app [i.e. still on v3.0.2], yet there has been a change in behaviour - see screenshot!

Note, the Scene still doesn't work 😔

2367d716f4524142a2f0108fa7dfe5bd

Upshot :

1. There's still an error message, but at least it's meaningful error

2. Remember... no change in app - still v3.0.2

3. Still "broken"

Options
Re:3.0.2 breaks scenes on Android-Solution
2022-10-06 12:01:59 - last edited 2022-10-08 08:19:19
**BREAKING NEWS** [Pardon the irony] Scenes ARE working now!!
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-06 12:09:32

@RomseyGuy Thanks for the upadate! Started working for me too (in iOS).

Options
2022-10-06 19:51:40

Yes, working for me now too, and IFTTT integration (using scenes) is also working.

I also got a reply back from TP-Link tech support which, to my surprise, acknowledged that this was a known and widely reported issue, and would be "fixed soon" (instead of asking me to reinstall the app, delete and re-add all my devices, re-create my scenes, reboot my router, try a different router, try a different ISP, move to a different house and test it there, etc.) I also got offered the use of a "debug" version of the app which I hopefully will not need to use now.

Will reserve throwing my hat in the air just yet, though. Big confidence knock in TP-Link and will certainly think twice about expanding my collection of their IOT products.

Also the new app is slow as **** to open compared to the old one, and my favourite widget (the one where you could select a scene and click it) has gone. The new equivalent takes up too much room on my screen so now I have to open the app (s l o w l y....) every time. :(

Options
[Solution] Scene does not work with the Andriod Kasa APP 3.0.2, error: ' This condition does not exist' -Solution
2022-10-08 09:08:03 - last edited 2022-10-08 11:45:57

Hello everyone, 
Thank you for feedback in regard to the Scene feature in the new Android Kasa 3.0 APP. Glad to know the Scene now works for you. 
Here we'd like to share some details about the fix so the new community users can see the information in full or provide additional feedback.

Phenomenon: 

Applies to: Andriod Kasa APP 3.0.2

Some android users may find the Scene function does not work in the new Android Kasa APP 3.0.2, the app prompts ‘This condition doesn’t exist ‘ message when run a Scene.

Solution: 

There was a fix with Scene feature since 6th/7th Oct 2022 ,  users should be able to use the Scene in the Andriod app directly, with no need for changing Scene settings or reinstalling the app. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This topic will be closed later after the  fix .  If you still have trouble using Scene in the Kasa APP, please Start a New Thread in the community, you may share some information below: 

1)the  Kasa APP version (confirm the app is up-to-date)  

2) the photo of the Scene settings and error message

3) the model of your mobile device and its Andriod or IOS version 

Thank you all for the feedback ~

Related Articles:

[New Kasa APP] Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

Bug