New Plugs not connecting to network with other Kasa Plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 18:20:32 - last edited 2022-10-31 03:22:25
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 1262

Currently have multiple HS-100 smart plugs functioning properly at two different locations.  Each location has it's own Wi-Fi network.  Tried to add a model EP10P plug at each location and they would not join the Wi-Fi network.  Tried re-setting the EP10P to eeeeno avail.  All during this time, the HS-100 plugs are function properly.   Appreciate any suggestions.  Thank You

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Plugs not connecting to network with other Kasa Plugs-Solution
2022-10-30 23:03:31 - last edited 2022-10-31 03:22:25

@Paf101 Hi Riley - I wanted to let you know that I was able to connect the new plugs to my network.  What I had to do was forget the TP_Link network on the WiFi settings on my iPhone and then subsequently rejoin the network.  After doing the forget / rejoin process, I was able to add the new plug to my Kasa app.  However, I had to repeat the forget / rejoin process each time I added another mini plug.   But, after doing that, all my plugs were functioning properly on the app.

Thank you again for all your help.     

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:New Plugs not connecting to network with other Kasa Plugs
2022-10-18 17:14:33

@Paf101,

You shouldnt have any issue connecting the plugs across two locations. The new Kasa app has added multiple homes so this will only become a more common setup.

When you tried to reset the plugs, did you perform a soft or hard reset? A soft reset is 5 Seconds, and a Factory Reset is 10 Seconds. Make sure that you do not have a VPN enabled on your phone(indicated by a lock symbol in your notification bar), and that the device is close enough to the router to ensure a stable setup.

Options
2022-10-18 18:42:01

@Riley_S , Hi Riley, thanks so much for your response.  I have only tried a soft reset, but per your response, I have now tried a hard reset and still I'm not able to connect to my home network.  There is no VPN and I have a mesh router, so the wifi signal is strong througout the house.  But, just to be sure, I have tried other plug locations in the house to no avail.   I have other Kasa plugs (HS 100) that are working perfectly on the same network in the house.  

Options
2022-10-18 18:51:49 - last edited 2022-10-18 18:52:14

@Paf101,

At what point does your setup fail? What does the Kasa App Say? if the screen is indicating that it needs your help with connecting to the wi-fi, your phone may be automatically disconnected from the network created by the plug as it has no internet connection.

Options
2022-10-18 20:13:28

@Paf101 It fails during the connecting to network phase.  After receiving your current post, I went to the phone's wifi setting and it indicates that the phone is connected to the "TP-LINK-smart plug-8AAB" network.  I also went to the Kasa app on an ipad and it successfully turned the other Kasa plugs in the house on and off, while I was trying to connect to the new plug with the phone.  I've attached two screen shots.  Thank you again for your help!

56e7ec172b2c4c0084f6682fe32f4dd9c24d494f614a459392b9623a5969122c

Options
2022-10-19 00:28:41

@Paf101,

Heres something to try, when you are connected to the plugs wifi, try to open your wifi settings, scroll down to the very bottom and change the MAC address type to Phone MAC, this may be preventing the light from reconnecting to your phone.

Also, in your phone settings, do you have the toggle for Local Permissions enabled? This should be found at the very bottom of the main setting screen under that kasa application options.

Last but not least, have you tried setting up the device using the iPad already?

Options
2022-10-19 17:21:44

@Paf101 Hi Riley - thanks for your suggestions.  I have tried them all, but still, the new plugs are not joining the network.  I also deleted the Kasa app and re-installed it. Once I entered my e-mail and Kasa password, the three other existing HS-100 plugs appeared and are functional, but again I was not able to get the new plug on the network.  Since I purchased the new plugs in a group of 4, I have tried all 4 new plugs and none of them will join the network.  I think I will send them back and purchase a set of HS-100 plugs.  

A few days ago, the app updated to Versions 3.0.3, Build 1271.  Perhaps there is an issue with the new update.  

Anyway, you have been great.  I sincerely appreciate all your help.  I'm been very happy with the HS-100 plugs and although they are a bit bulky compared to the mini plugs, I think they are the way to go for me.  

Thank You Again!!

Options
Re:New Plugs not connecting to network with other Kasa Plugs-Solution
2022-10-30 23:03:31 - last edited 2022-10-31 03:22:25

@Paf101 Hi Riley - I wanted to let you know that I was able to connect the new plugs to my network.  What I had to do was forget the TP_Link network on the WiFi settings on my iPhone and then subsequently rejoin the network.  After doing the forget / rejoin process, I was able to add the new plug to my Kasa app.  However, I had to repeat the forget / rejoin process each time I added another mini plug.   But, after doing that, all my plugs were functioning properly on the app.

Thank you again for all your help.     

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 7