What’s Up with the Connection to Siri Shortcuts in the latest Kasa iOS app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What’s Up with the Connection to Siri Shortcuts in the latest Kasa iOS app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:What’s Up with the Connection to Siri Shortcuts in the latest Kasa iOS app?
2022-11-17 22:25:51

@My_Screen_Name 

Got a response yesterday just didn't get time to share it till now.  

The download link:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PdPMSShC

If the problem persists,  please help collect the app log and share the log file with us to better analyze the problem.

Here are the steps to collect the log:

1. Try to reproduce the problem.
  2. After the problem is reproduced, go to APPMe>About, and long press the Kasa icon for about 3 seconds on the About page, it will show the log page in the APP.
  3. Choose the log, swipe Left and then click the Share button to send us the files. 

Thanks again for your understanding and cooperation.

Options
2022-11-18 03:47:11 - last edited 2022-11-18 03:52:31

@Carl I installed the beta app from TestFlight, and everything is as before, except worse in that now Siri Shortcuts can't even see 13 out of my 15 tp-link devices (or any scenes), much less send them commands. New Siri shortcuts created with those two devices that it can see continue to not work. Long pressing on the icon in Kasa>Me>About after a Siri Shortcut failure doesn't generate a new log and therefore it can't be shared. I'm guessing this is because there was no error within the Kasa app - the problem is that Kasa is not allowing Siri to communicate with it.  Ironically those two devices that Siri can see are ones that yesterday Kasa insisted were offline and inaccessible, for the first time ever, so I couldn't even control them with the Kasa app.  

Note that Siri Shortcuts continue to work just fine with Feit Electric, TreatLife and other smart devices I own and their apps. 

I would be happy to work with someone on your engineering team to resolve this, but I am short of time. If I am going to have to dump all my tp-link devices (20+ since I have some not yet installed), I can't let Black Friday sales pass me by.

Options
2022-11-21 17:06:05

@My_Screen_Name 

Let me get this over to them.  Would your Email used to log into  the community be an okay contact?

Options
2022-11-21 17:18:16

@Carl Yes, that email address is fine. Thank you.

Options
2022-11-22 03:32:44 - last edited 2022-11-22 03:38:32

Hello   @My_Screen_Name  @Carl 

Thank you for keep sharing the case details, we created a support email  TKID221132500 for your case and get it escalated to our senior engineers. 

• In the Kasa APP, please make sure you have logged into the correct TP-Link ID first
  • Please confirm kasa devices/ Scenes works remotely in the Kasa APP when phone is on the mobile data . Reboot your kasa device if they are offline remotely.

(Otherwise the Scene can't work )

Can you share your Tp-Link account email on the support email, so the engineers can help take a closer look at it,  thank you. 

Options
2022-12-20 01:05:28

@My_Screen_Name I just got smart lightbulbs but it won't connect to Wi-Fi. I think I'll box them back up and return them. 

Options
2023-01-18 12:14:14

@Little_C This is accpeted answer i try this and solve my problem..Thanks

Little_C wrote

@My_Screen_Name 

Somehow 'Ask each time' worked for me when turn on or off a kasa device via Shortcut app.

Also IOS 16, probaly you need confirm the device is accessible in the kasa app, update the app or something like that.

606ad78be8b2486c8b8f6a3195ec6fe75d17cd9f7ec64c2e8fc696449a87e164

@Little_C 

Options