Alexa integration broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Alexa integration broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
[Solution] Kasa Devices Offline/ Alexa orGoogle Integration Broken on Nov 15th
2022-11-17 02:16:35 - last edited 2022-11-17 02:22:18

Hi   @Msmillefiore   thank you for trying, I appreciate it. We also shared your feedback here with the team.  I think this will be sorted out soon, thank you for your patience. 

If any user still experiences similar concern, please help provide above information asked in the marked 'solution' of this thread by PM or email, we'd be happy to take a closer look at it, thank you 

Options
Re:Alexa integration broken
2022-11-17 10:46:57

@Solla-topee my lights appeared to function correctly yesterday as they were off when I left. I didn't open either Kasa or Alexa while off network to see if the lights were local only. When I was on our local network later Alexa did give me a notification that 4 lights had lost connectivity, these were the same lights as before minus two others. I checked the operation of those lights at that point and they seemed to be working, again I was on our network at the time. I will try and check the function today while off network. 

Options
2022-11-21 00:48:57

@jlboggsCO I love how they ask for any "error messages"  There's no error message, it doesn't work.  Well here's how I fixed mine.  I deleted the item from the Kasa app, removed it from Google and Alexa and then hard reset the plug (hold the button down for 10 seconds until it flashes.  Then I started from scratch and it now works again. Should I have had to do all that? no. But this is life in tech world

Options
[Solution] Kasa Devices Offline/ Alexa or Google Integration Broken on Nov 15th
2022-11-21 13:37:32
The is no ability to save the configuration or settings related to the devices conifigured in our home. Rebooting and setting the device up more than once should be consider a defect. The systems needs to be self healing as you are controlling high voltage services and having unexpected activation of appliances is not desirable. The experience to reconfigure a home that might have dozen of these devices is really not an acceptable solution. Please "harden" the features of the product so the can be deemed trsutworthy. The concept of the device is good, but we need better attention engineering and functional behavior.
Options
2022-12-01 05:19:45

@jlboggsCO this is a new issue for me today. We have 3 outlets in the house and two of them continue to work, only one is not working with Alexa. All 3 work if manually selected on or off through the kasa app or through the Alexa app and will also work if the switch is included in an Alexa routine. If we ask Alexa to turn the light on or off she says it is not supported or there is a problem and try again later. Again, this is only an issue with 1 of the 3 outlets we use. Tried the reboot, tried the delete and re-establish as a new unit, nothing changed. Alexa even recognized the new unit being added to the network but will not control it by voice. 

Options
Related Articles