Are there any updates coming for the XE200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 15:39:40

I've got 2 Deco XE200, and they're still waiting for their first firmware updates since launching. Currently they're on firmware 1.0.0 Build 20220722 Rel. 57229, which is the original firmware, and hardware version 1.60.  This also applies to the Archer AXE300, which is still on launch firmware V1_1.0.3 Build 20220907. 

I know no one can give an exact date, but since these are flagship routers, you'd expect at least one firmware update in 8 months to patch bugs and fix security flaws, but so far nothing. 

Professionally I've recommended these models to many clients, but it gets harder to do so when TP-Link's product page and support site don't show regular updates. 

Personally and professionally I love these units, but it would be nice to see more regular firmware updates. Any idea when, or if, there will be a firmware update?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Are there any updates coming for the XE200?
2023-03-17 16:38:18

@Richardj186,

There will most definitely be firmware updates coming out for both of your devices. Both the AXE300 and XE200 are so new that they are shipping and launching with the latest version of the 1.6.0 firmware.  Both of theses devices also saw one of the longest testing and development phases, so as to ensure that not issues would arise with a flagship device. 

If there are any issues that arise which need attention, then an incremental update will be provided as soon as possible. If I am not mistaken, the XE200 was actually the first device to receive the fully flushed-out version of the 1.6 firmware. I believe that our teams are working on new features for the Deco platform, which will bring the firmware to 1.7, so keep an eye out for any updates.

Options
2023-03-17 17:35:56

@Riley_S thanks a bunch for the fast response; I will watch for the firmware updates and keep recommending them. 

Options
2023-03-27 14:12:15
There was finally an update last Friday for the XE200, but it appears to only be bug fixes; nothing new was added. It also was dated September 2022; is another update coming with updated features and functionality?
Options