Votes

Kasa Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Kasa Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa Cameras
Kasa Cameras
2023-03-27 22:34:03 - last edited 2023-03-30 11:04:12

I've been trying to set up routines within Alexa app using Kasa Camera EC70, EC60 but they do not show up in the  SMART HOME tab area. My KASA plugs and bulbs show up but not the cameras.  I know they linked because when using voice commands I can stream the camers via Firestick TV.  Also anothing thing, with the ALEXA SKILL for  TP LINK KASA, there is  no way to use the 2 way audio when streaming to fire stick. That is a no brainer to have but it isn't  available..

Anyway back to the ROUTINES, why isn't the  KASA cameras recognized as smart devices under SMART HOME? 

I unstalled the skill, reinstalled it...rebooted the devices and still nothing.  Is this a limitation of the skill set/app?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Cameras
2023-03-29 09:47:04 - last edited 2023-03-30 11:04:00

@blackskyszz 

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Since the Kasa camera does not support the Alexa Routines feature, they don't show up under the Smart Home tab when you configure the Routines feature on the Alexa app.

What skill set/app are you referring to? Please describe your question in detail, and I'll try my best to help you.

Best Regards

Options
2023-03-29 16:29:20 - last edited 2023-03-30 11:04:00

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the reply.

The skill set  is the TP-LINK KASA skill that is within the Alexa app., I am trying to setup a routine in the  Alexa app  that when the Kasa  camera  detects motion it  (fire stick/alexa) will run the routine ex: display  on fire stick/TV  automatically.

But since the Kasa cameras are not considered  SMART HOME devices  under Alexa as you have stated, the idea is  now moot.

Options
2023-03-30 11:03:41 - last edited 2023-03-30 11:04:00

@blackskyszz 

Hi, 
Thank you for your explanation. In this case, I'll move this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Kasa)' area, and if other users have the same feedback, they can vote for this feature. And I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.