Kasa Spot camera not connecting to cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-10 23:53:59
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Okay, so I have a number of kasa devices, and have been using them for about 2 years. Recently, however I have been having problems with my cameras however.

About a week ago I restarted my WiFi router, and ever since then I have been unable to get my Kasa cameras to connect to the cloud. They connect to my WiFi, I see them on my routers client table, they are being assigned good IP addresses via DHCP, everything looks normal. 

I have both an older KC410S, and a new one bought quite recently and they're both doing the same thing. I see them on my WiFi router, but the lights on them are blinking green, rather than solid. I tried removing them and readding them to the app however that fails, it gets to the step where they blink green, I see them pop up on my WiFi client list, but then that's it. It fails there. Multiple power cycles and resets later and that's still where I end up, it gets to the point where I give it my WiFi information, it connects to my WiFi, starts blinking green, and then that's it. That's as far as I can get. 

After some digging here I found some advice to set my router's DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and I did so, however the result was the same. The cameras flash green and they do connect to the WiFi but never finish setting up. 

It is worth noting that all my Kasa lights and switches are working fine with no problems. They connect to the cloud and can be controlled without issue. It's just the cameras giving me trouble. 

I need some help here, because I've hit the end my ability to Google troubleshooting steps to try with this. Anyone know anything else to try 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot camera not connecting to cloud
2023-08-11 00:23:52

@A_Miller 

Blinking Green indicates that the cameras are connected to the internet.  Solid indicates internet and cloud so that would match up with what you are seeing.   When you state you try removing them and re-adding them how are you doing that?  swiping left to remove and then tapping the "+" to readd them?  Or are you resetting them to factory and trying going through the whole setup and linking process?

Additionally have you tried to sign out of the app and back in?  

The other thing you can do and will likely help is change the DNS servers of your network.  I understand that some devices are working but other are not but still changing the DNS can help resolve this.  We recommend Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Options
2023-08-11 00:43:15

@Carl 

As stated in my original post I have already changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, that has not made any change. 

I have removed the cameras from the Kasa app by long pressing on the device and then pressing the remove button that appears on the right side of the screen. I then proceeded to reset them to factory before trying to use the + button to attempt to re add them. Again, the cameras get to the stage in which they blink green and do not progress further. 

I have tried logging out of the app, closing the app, relaunching the app, logging back into the app, then attempting the process and the result is the same. Both cameras blink green and never complete the adding process. 

Options
2023-08-11 15:20:30

@A_Miller 

I appolgoze i did misread your orginal post and missed the section about the DNS.  What we would need to do is have engineering consulted.  I would need your TP-Link ID email address to do this.  Please DM me that infromation or email at ussupportteam@tp-link.com so i can forward that information over and see what we can do. 

Options
2023-08-11 15:36:35

@Carl 

I have sent you the requested information as well as some other information I suspect may be helpful. If you need anything more to further troubleshoot this issue please let me know what I can do to help. Thank you. 

Options
2023-08-15 20:14:50

@A_Miller 

Any updates/fixes for this issue?  I'm seeing the exact same behavior with two camera's (KC410S and KC420WS).  Flashing green LED, showing in the client list in the wi-fi router, all other devices have internet, but these camera's will not connect to cloud and show as offline in the mobile app.

Thanks in advance

Options
2023-08-15 20:25:39

@ghostryder 

Several days ago I provided the additional information that @Carl requested as well as some additional information about one of the cameras in question such as serial number and MAC address and also provided my router and modem model information. I have gotten no response so far since then. 

Options
2023-08-15 22:58:22

@A_Miller 

Our team doesn't work on Weekends so I wasn't able to forward the infromation you emailed to us until yesterday.  I got a response today and the engineers are investigating.  They have a few follow up questions they would like to get answeres on.  Please check the two questions below.

1. Can you use a PC, connected to the same network and attempt to ping the camera's IP address and share the results?

2. Do you have the ability to configure a phone into HotSpot mode and configure the camera to connect to that network to see if you can reproduce the concern?  It may require a 2nd control device like another phone or tablet to do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 7

Related Articles