EP10 smart plug not connecting to WiFi

2023-10-30 18:48:41
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

I recently purchased a pair of EP10 plugs, the first of the pair connected successfully, the second plug has not connected.   I have gone thru all the troubleshooting which included restarting my WiFi and resetting the plug (10 second hold), I don't have VPN.  The Kasa app can detect the plug and notes it is "offline"; the problem plug is located about 8 feet from my WiFi box and there are no obstructions, it is "flashing blue and orange."

I have a total of 3 Kasa WiFi plugs installed and working great - the first 2 are an earlier version and have been working for over 2 years.  The 3rd plug is the EP10 and is working well for over a week.  What else can I do to get this problem EP10 to connect?

model EP10P2, Ver. 1.6

Options
2 Reply
Re:EP10 smart plug not connecting to WiFi
2023-10-30 21:29:21

@DDinNW,

You may have a device that is "half way" through the setup.

I would remove the device from the Kasa App and then reset/reconfigure the device. Your app may be having problems detecting the plug as a "New Devices" once it is in your list of connected devices.

At what point in the setup does it fail? What stage is the Kasa set up in?

It may be simply a case where you need to connect your phone to the plug's wi-fi manually.

Lastly, depending on your router, you may try moving the plug further away to make sure that it is not attempting to communicate with your network via the 5GHz network. You may also consider seeing if the device will connect via your guest network or IoT network.

Options
Re:EP10 smart plug not connecting to WiFi
2023-10-31 02:32:25

@Riley_S  - I tried the steps you suggested, it didn't work.  What did work - I installed the Kasa app on my new Android phone - that worked!  It seems the app wasn't working properly on my old iPad. 

Options