KASA app not connecting to Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 11:25:04 - last edited 2023-11-09 00:55:41

I purchased a smart plug; TP-Link HS-103 and have followed the directions for setting up. I installed the KASA app. It tells me to go to settings and allow KASA to connect to the the Wi-Fi. There is nowhere in the KASA settings that allows me to connect it to Wi-Fi. An suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:KASA app not connecting to Wi-Fi
2023-11-10 22:43:46

@RALFtravels I can't connect either. It seems I have to connect to the Kasa Wi-Fi and it shuts off my wifi... not a great system

RALFtravels wrote

I purchased a smart plug; TP-Link HS-103 and have followed the directions for setting up. I installed the KASA app. It tells me to go to settings and allow KASA to connect to the the Wi-Fi. There is nowhere in the KASA settings that allows me to connect it to Wi-Fi. An suggestions?

Options
2023-11-16 04:33:09

@RALFtravels   I had the same issue as you.  Someone replied to your post, which gave me an idea which led to the solution.  I plugged in the  wifi plug and saw that it had its own wireless connection.  When I tried to log onto this connection, it asked me for my network password.  This was the part I was missing.  After I did this, I was able to connect everything to my network, and it all started working.  Hope this helps.  Glad you posted, so thanks.

Options
2023-12-10 22:14:17

@RALFtravels The settings they are referring to is you cell phone settings. On your phone, go to settings, wifi, and wait for all the available wifi networks to pop up. One will be TP Link and a number or letters. Choose that one, then go back to the Kasa App and it will give you further instructions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1032

Replies: 3

Related Articles